Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI! And... a hard inq?

tag
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

BofA CLI! And... a hard inq?

So it's been almost a year since I last asked BofA for a CLI on my BofA Amex. Last cli was to 10k. Hit the luv button for a fairly modest 1k increase, automatically approved! But today I look on credit karma and my score's dropped, BofA hit me with a hard inq!

I know a hard inq is always possible, but I don't recall ever hearing of one from the luv button with BofA. It didn't even ask for more info or anything like that, just approved me.  One hard inq isn't terrible but it's annoying.Smiley Mad

Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA CLI! And... a hard inq?

@KingAdrock wrote:

So it's been almost a year since I last asked BofA for a CLI on my BofA Amex. Last cli was to 10k. Hit the luv button for a fairly modest 1k increase, automatically approved! But today I look on credit karma and my score's dropped, BofA hit me with a hard inq!

I know a hard inq is always possible, but I don't recall ever hearing of one from the luv button with BofA. It didn't even ask for more info or anything like that, just approved me.  One hard inq isn't terrible but it's annoying.Smiley Mad

Has this happened to anyone else?

Honestly I thought any customer-initiated CLI request with BOFA was a hard with the exceptions being once in a blue moon style events.

        
Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I always heard on here BofA CLI's were HP's too.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
android01
Valued Contributor

BOA is ALWAYS a hard pull, although it wasn't as of a year ago.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 6
OwNt
New Contributor

As others have stated, BofA has recently changed their policy to hard pulls for consumer-initiated CLI requests.

They will usually pull TU, sometimes EQ, or both.

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Message 5 of 6
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@OwNt wrote:

As others have stated, BofA has recently changed their policy to hard pulls for consumer-initiated CLI requests.

They will usually pull TU, sometimes EQ, or both.

I must have missed that. I've never gotten a hard pull from them since I app'd for the card. Smiley Sad I guess my bi-annual CLI request isn't happening anymore.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.