Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI Increase!!! Weee

tag
TRJ604
Established Member

BofA CLI Increase!!! Weee

Finally I grew the b*lls I needed to click on the BofA CLI button. I went from $400 to $5000

Little history: I opened the card  as a secured card back in Dec 2009 as part of my credit rebuilding. The card became unsecured about 3-4 months ago. I never received a CLI. Today I used the online CLI to request $5000 and was asked to call for decision. I called the first time and got this person that sounded grumpy so I hung up. I called again and was greeted by a gentleman located in Ohio that was very helpful. He asked some of the same questions as online. He put me on hold for less then a minute and said congrats your request for $5000 was granted. My next move will be to call them back and have my card switched to a rewards one.

Update: I just called again to switch to a rewards card. I was able to change to the amex one. both the cli and change of card seem to be soft pulls.

This would not have been possible without the help on these forums.

Thank you all

My Wallet: [ BofA Accelerated Rewards Amex : Discover More : Amex Blue Cash Preferred : Chase Freedom ]

Starting Score: [TU] 679 [EQ] 679 [EX] ? (05/03/11)
Current Score: [TU] 708 [EQ] 708 [EX] ?
Goal Score: 760+ Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA CLI Increase!!! Weee

Congrats on your credit limit increase increase.

Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Ray

Message 3 of 8
ontop
Regular Contributor

Congratulation, such a nice move that you hung up on the first call and then try again. I will probably do the same the next time if I ever run into the same situation.
Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 4 of 8
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Nice going! I hope that it's soft, but frankly I'd be happy to take a hard pull for that kind of increase! Congrats! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat! I will try CLI on my Fia fidelity amex too in next 3 months.
Is it soft pull or hard?
Message 6 of 8
TRJ604
Established Member

[Update]: I just called again to switch to a rewards card. I was able to change to the amex one with account history intact. They were trying to get me to stay with Visa/Mastercard..lol.. Maybe they have a deal with them. 

Seems that both the CLI and change of cards were soft pulls.

My Wallet: [ BofA Accelerated Rewards Amex : Discover More : Amex Blue Cash Preferred : Chase Freedom ]

Starting Score: [TU] 679 [EQ] 679 [EX] ? (05/03/11)
Current Score: [TU] 708 [EQ] 708 [EX] ?
Goal Score: 760+ Across the board

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received one myself new CL is $7500. Only a soft pull. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.