Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA CLI

I've had Plat Plus Visa just over 7 months, called customer service yesterday with a question and then asked when I would be eligible for a CLI. (I was turned down a few months ago when I requested CLI.)

The CSR informed me I could ask anytime - so I asked if it was a hard or soft pull - she told me it would be a hard pull - I double checked, as I had not heard this to be the case with BofA. She stated that since I was asking for additional credit that they would pull a new report and that it would be a hard inquiry. I told her never mind, as I don't need any more inquiries.

I didn't want to tempt fate, my scores aren't very good (high 600's) and didn't want to open the AA can by accident and end up with a CLD. However, before when I requested a CLI online there was no hard pull, (just the 7-10 day message and subsequent denial), so I decided against my better judgement to try again.

I requested new credit line of 8,000 from 5,400, and it showed up on my account within hours. checked my reports today, ex already has new limit and no hard pull.

I'm not sure what this means exactly, and I'm not encouraging anyone to ask for CLI's in this environment - just thought I'd share my experience.

capman

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: BofA CLI

Congrats OP. One thing I like about BofA at least in my situation is that they don't pull hard. One inq for the original account only. OP don't you have the CLI request button on your account page?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
Congrats OP. One thing I like about BofA at least in my situation is that they don't pull hard. One inq for the original account only. OP don't you have the CLI request button on your account page?

thank you, and yes, and I used the CLI request button. Since I got declined last time from the luv button I thought I'd try charming them with my winning personality...(yeah, I know). ultimately I did use the luv button this time too.

I found this interesting. When I hit the luv button before and got turned down I got this message:

"Your request has been submitted. You will receive a written decision in 5 to 7 business days"

this time I received this message:

"Your request has been submitted. A decision will be made within the next business day..."

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I requested new credit line of 8,000 from 5,400, and it showed up on my account within hours. checked my reports today, ex already has new limit and no hard pull.

Congrats on the CLI..

Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.