Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards 3-2-1 CLI

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

BofA Cash Rewards 3-2-1 CLI

I have had my BofA card for 3-4 months and have a 750 limit, every month i charge $745-750 and PIF before the statement cuts.. for BofA is there a mandatory 6 month wait for a CLI? or is it like discover and BofA where i can do it 91 days in?.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Cash Rewards 3-2-1 CLI

@Creditplz wrote:

I have had my BofA card for 3-4 months and have a 750 limit, every month i charge $745-750 and PIF before the statement cuts.. for BofA is there a mandatory 6 month wait for a CLI? or is it like discover and BofA where i can do it 91 days in?.

Every lender is different.  With BOA, at least six months would do you a world of good.  They like to see responsible use, payment history etc. before giving a CLI.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, the request a credit limit increase link showed up after the 4th statement. I clicked it and got an increase, but YMMV.

Message 3 of 10
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

depends on your file and income .... I had a SL of $2k on my travel rewards.

the next month I requested a cli to $15k and got it.... 

8 months after that I requested another cli and now I sit at $35k and its nit a year old yet. 

Each person son will get different results 

Message 4 of 10
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

depends on your file and income .... I had a SL of $2k on my travel rewards.

the next month I requested a cli to $15k and got it.... 

8 months after that I requested another cli and now I sit at $35k and its nit a year old yet. 

Each person son will get different results 

did you call for a CLI or online?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

Every lender is different.  With BOA, at least six months would do you a world of good.  They like to see responsible use, payment history etc. before giving a CLI.

You and the user "myjourney" always tend to give good answers. Both of you "sound alike" as well. Maybe you are using double accounts?Smiley Very Happy

But anyway, to the OP, there's no such thing as waiting for a specific amount of time. The answer given above is good as well as another where a user stated that it depends on both -profile and income. 

Message 6 of 10
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

FIrst time I called, and 2nd time I did online ...

I'm waiting for my luv button to reappear lol

Message 7 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

You and the user "myjourney" always tend to give good answers. Both of you "sound alike" as well. Maybe you are using double accounts?Smiley Very Happy

But anyway, to the OP, there's no such thing as waiting for a specific amount of time. The answer given above is good as well as another where a user stated that it depends on both -profile and income. 

Lol different accounts, different states, different but joined at the hip in helping others succeed in the credit card game 

Glad you acknowledge that we're helpful and YIM is top notch but we're just 2 of many Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

Lol different accounts, different states, different but joined at the hip in helping others succeed in the credit card game 

Glad you acknowledge that we're helpful and YIM is top notch but we're just 2 of many Smiley Wink

Hah.. Everyone on the board is really good and knowledgeable.  

Message 9 of 10
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Aren't all/most luv button-initiated CLI requests with BoA HPs though, even if the luv button shows up under your account?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.