Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards Visa Signature?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

BofA Cash Rewards Visa Signature?

After my recent application spree (4 new cards in 2 months) BofA just auto increased my CL from 3,5K to 5K on my 2nd card. Now I am trying to find out what would be if I would change 1 of the Platinum Plus cards to the  Visa Signature version?  I know that BofA will not report credit lines for the Siggy but is there anything else which would speak against it? Tried to search for the details of the Cash Rewards Visa Signature but could not find anything not even on the BofA website. I do not want the point system but keep the Cash Rewards. Did anybody change from the Platinum Plus to the Visa Signature and can indicate pros and cons for me? I do not care about utilization or credit line not being reported. I have enough open credit that this will not have an impact on my scores. Is there anything else I am missing ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: BofA Cash Rewards Visa Signature?

You should not have any problems keeping your current cash rewards program, after the upgrade from platinum plus to Visa Signature. I change networks from Visa Signature to World MasterCard and kept my cash rewards program. Unless you tell them to change the rewards program as well, they usually do not bother it. So I don't see why there would be a problem. Just carefully instruct them to upgrade your card to Visa Signature, and keep your current rewards program. They have been very good at throwing the cash rewards program at customers anyway.

Cory

Message 2 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ Cory

Thanks for this info. Sounds good and I just asked to get the card changed. We will see if BofA will approve. Should know it in 3 weeks.  No big deal if they do not. After all it will not change much other than a little "Signature" on the front.   Regarding your BofA world MC is it really a cash rewards card?  I am asking because the customer service rep at BofA told me the world MC  will not be available as cash rewards card but only as point rewards card. My first intention would have been to get a world MC.  Unfortunately it looks like a big mess with the different cards at BofA and the website also only displays a few of the actually existing cards. Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 5
toppers555
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@ Cory

Thanks for this info. Sounds good and I just asked to get the card changed. We will see if BofA will approve. Should know it in 3 weeks.  No big deal if they do not. After all it will not change much other than a little "Signature" on the front.   Regarding your BofA world MC is it really a cash rewards card?  I am asking because the customer service rep at BofA told me the world MC  will not be available as cash rewards card but only as point rewards card. My first intention would have been to get a world MC.  Unfortunately it looks like a big mess with the different cards at BofA and the website also only displays a few of the actually existing cards. Smiley LOL

they told you 3 weeks? I changed my basic card over to cash rewards , and was given apporval instantly . they even made it a siggy without me asking. CL at time was 5500k.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 4 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

yep... BofA sometimes is strange. They have auto increased my CL from 3.5K to 5K and this even after 4 hard pulls from my recent app spree. 4 new cards since November 12. So I thought I would like to ask for the Siggy and see what the outcome will be. It was the same rep that told me the world MC would not come as cash rewards but it looks that some here have a world MC as cash rewards card if I look at their signatures. I definitely have time to wait for the outcome now. Should be gardening now rather than apping Smiley Wink 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.