Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards card changing

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Cash Rewards card changing

Thanks OP. I was unaware of this.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 21 of 51
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

My BofA CR is currently a MC... I'm guessing it should be a simple phone call to change this to a visa? Anyone know for sure?

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 22 of 51
quickstrike
Valued Member

Awesome.  So potentially with the Preferred Rewards Program, it will be end up being 3.5% cashback at Costco.

Message 23 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that's correct. Or more with Plat Honors.

Message 24 of 51
CluelessJohn
Contributor

@taxdoc wrote:
When I logged out of my account, the landing page was the cash rewards card that included the 2% on wholesale club spend and the increase to $2500 quarterly spend for the 2% bucket. Woohoooo!

This slightly diminishes the pain of the Costco and AMEX divorce.

I have a BofA CR Visa Signature.  Logged into my account and didn't see this anywhere.  Logged out and landing page was what I typically see (I think).  For me, I see no mention of changes in rewards.  I haven't used the card in a year and probably wouldn't even with the reward changes.  I do feel left out though.Smiley Sad

Chase Freedom Visa ($15K) Chase Freedom Flex ($15K) Chase Amazon Prime ($9K) USAA Limitless ($20K) AMEX BCE ($30K) CapOne QuickSilver ($15K) Citi DC ($20.5K) Citi Custom Cash ($5K) Discover It ($7.5K) BOA Cash Rewards ($5K) BOA MLB ($13K) USBank Cash+($10K) WF Active Cash ($8K)
FICO 8 ~800
Message 25 of 51
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Not seeing any changes when logging into mine either.

The nice thing about this is that it's a Visa and you'll get 2% at Costco or at BJ's etc; don't have to be loyal to a certain one. Of course, it's only 2%, but for Costco, it would be an option if you didn't want their specific card.

Message 26 of 51
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

My BofA CR is currently a MC... I'm guessing it should be a simple phone call to change this to a visa? Anyone know for sure?

I just called in and it was that easy (6 minute phone call). Said no HP - I was expecting no HP, but you never know with BofA.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 27 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

mine still shows:

How to Earn cash back information
Earn more cash back on the things you buy most
  • 1% cash back everywhere, every time
  • 2% cash back at grocery stores and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined grocery store and gas purchases each quarter
  • Plus, get an additional customer bonus every time you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account or an eligible investment account with Merrill Edge® or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management®.
  • Rewards are earned automatically and do not expire
  • Learn more [about ways to earn cash back] about ways to earn cash back
Message 28 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting.

I used to have the BoA CashBack card but I PC'd it to the Travel Rewards card, whcih gives me a flat 1.65% everywhere (1.5% plus another .15% since I have a BoA bank account). I use it for spending outside the country because it has no foreign transaction fee, and I was planning to use it at CostCo. 2% is better than 1.65% at CostCo.... interesting. At regular grocery stores I get 3% on my Amex BCE and everywehre else I use my CITI DC to get 2%.

The extra .35% on ~$6000 or so at Costco (the max) is only $20/year so I probably will stick with the Travel Rewards--it'll save me more than $20/year in foreign transaction fees. 

But interesting.

Message 29 of 51
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

Any source on when this starts? I can't find anything on it but would love to know when it starts so I can make my BofA card my new Costco card as soon as the switch happens Smiley Happy

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.