cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards vs BBR (Success!!!)

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Cash Rewards vs BBR (Talk me off the ledge!!!)

Approved...for a measly $6K, but that's more than enough for what I need.

As for the denial reason, it has to do with my past. You see, before I came to myFico I was on a debt counseling program. I had a lot of CC debt after I got divorced, none of my cards were ever late or delinquent in any way, I was just overextended utilization-wise. 2 of my creditors (Citi and FIA) put a notation on my CRs stating I was on a debt repayment plan. Those notations were removed shortly after each card was paid off. Since then I've gotten 3 BofA/FIA cards (2 Cash Rewards that I closed plus my Fidelity Amex) without any issue, so it's mystery why this notation suddenly reappeared on BofA's system (this is what the analyst said). I think I'm done appong for a long long time.

Message 51 of 71
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Congrats! I was going to say it was possible your credit vs income was a concern -- you have more than double your income in limits. It's not just about util, but limits too. That may be the reason for the "measly" 6k approval, which IMO is plenty for a BBR!

I'm glad it worked out and I think not apping for awhile is a good plan Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:
Approved...for a measly $6K, but that's more than enough for what I need.

As for the denial reason, it has to do with my past. You see, before I came to myFico I was on a debt counseling program. I had a lot of CC debt after I got divorced, none of my cards were ever late or delinquent in any way, I was just overextended utilization-wise. 2 of my creditors (Citi and FIA) put a notation on my CRs stating I was on a debt repayment plan. Those notations were removed shortly after each card was paid off. Since then I've gotten 3 BofA/FIA cards (2 Cash Rewards that I closed plus my Fidelity Amex) without any issue, so it's mystery why this notation suddenly reappeared on BofA's system (this is what the analyst said). I think I'm done appong for a long long time.

That's more like it!  It is strange that this reappeared after all this time, but at least it got sorted out.  Would've been nice to break the 10k barrier but for a BBR that's really only useful for padding and/or aesthetics.

...actually considering your earlier want of a flex spending WEMC to report on your CR maybe you should take that HP CLI in 3-6 months Smiley Tongue

Message 53 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Cash Rewards vs BBR (Success!!!)

good job. that's more reasonable. did they ever give denial reasons? or were mine accurate... lol
Message 54 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Terrific! Congrats on your great approval! I had a strong feeling you would be approved once a person looked at your file!

Message 55 of 71
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Terrific! Congrats on your great approval! I had a strong feeling you would be approved once a person looked at your file!

Thanks!

Message 56 of 71
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the BBR recon approval!  Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 71
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

My combined CLs are almost twice my income, so I'm thinking of closing 2 of my cards. I really don't like dealing with Citibank at all, so TrueEarnings and DC are on the chopping block. TrueEarnings is turning into the Citi Costco Visa, so I might as well kill two birds with one stone, especially if the reward structure will be the same as that under TE.

Message 58 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Cash Rewards vs BBR

@JSS3 wrote:

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone who has BBR or Fidelity Amex tell us if they send BT checks for either or both? That will be the deciding factor for me when I go for my second BofA card. 

Thanks.

IDK about Fidelity Amex, but they do send them out for the BBR.

Message 59 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:

My combined CLs are almost twice my income, so I'm thinking of closing 2 of my cards. I really don't like dealing with Citibank at all, so TrueEarnings and DC are on the chopping block. TrueEarnings is turning into the Citi Costco Visa, so I might as well kill two birds with one stone, especially if the reward structure will be the same as that under TE.

Yeah...their site has been especially poor these past couple of weeks.  I don't remember where I read it but there's a trick where if you try logging in from private browser it doesn't throw all those dumb errors...works for me but I'm sure it's YMMV.

Maybe it's worth waiting until next spring to confirm that the Citi Costco won't have a better rewards structure before closing? DC will be fine since you do have Fidelity already; only thing would be slightly more limited Amex acceptance vs. MasterCard but I'm not sure how much that affects you.

Message 60 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.