taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: BofA Cash Rewards

Sweet. They have me on hold right now. The number j called was 800-421-2110
Message 41 of 64
taxi818
Super Contributor

After 18 mins on hold. I hung up. I will try early in the morning when everyone is fresh and nice. Sweet. Thanks again humu. Great work.
Message 42 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:
After 18 mins on hold. I hung up. I will try early in the morning when everyone is fresh and nice. Sweet. Thanks again humu. Great work.

Happy to be of help!

Hang in there, taxi, and you will get your card at the end of all this. It can be frustrating, but just follow the process through and it should all work out. Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gorgeous scenic card from the University of Colorado Boulder - the scenery is so pretty that it makes you wish you were an alumni! Possibly someone on the board is an alumni and will order this stunning design.

aact_cshsigvhd_v.png

Message 44 of 64
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Thats a recent change then. All the various versions of the cash rewards are definitely considered different products on some level, and at least before, you couldn't just switch without doing the actual PC process. Perhaps they've changed policies, but then why not just offer a simple way to select a design? They also bother listing many separate designs/products on the website as being separate applications (US pride, pink ribbon,etc).

Not sure kdm. I Just noticed although the designs are different the reward structure and rates were all basically the same. All the same cash back. I really don't know why they make it so hard to change cards. seeing how Discover allows you to have whatever you want.

Message 45 of 64
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Thats a recent change then. All the various versions of the cash rewards are definitely considered different products on some level, and at least before, you couldn't just switch without doing the actual PC process. Perhaps they've changed policies, but then why not just offer a simple way to select a design? They also bother listing many separate designs/products on the website as being separate applications (US pride, pink ribbon,etc).

Not sure kdm. I Just noticed although the designs are different the reward structure and rates were all basically the same. All the same cash back. I really don't know why they make it so hard to change cards. seeing how Discover allows you to have whatever you want.

Because it is Bank of America and that is the way they love doing business Smiley Wink

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 46 of 64
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Because it is Bank of America and that is the way they love doing business Smiley Wink

Well im new to them again. I banked with them back in the 90s or late 80s. So im not sure how they operate now. I do appreicate them giving me this lovely card however with 15 months. 0%Apr. Smiley Very Happy

Message 47 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I agree that unfortunately BoA does things in a weird and roundabout way that can impede doing business well.

BoA once told me the following when I applied for the Alaska Airlines card and was declined. I called recon and mentioned I knew two people who had PC'd from Cash Rewards to Alaska (true) very recently, one within the prior week.

BoA rep's response was that they couldn't do it because "The rules at Bank of America change every day. They are never the same from one day to the next."

Oh my. What a way to conduct business. Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called and a 4 minute phone call switched me from the regular red card to the Defenders of Wildlife card. I have the DOW for my debit card and I've been wanting it for my CC, but I don't even use this card. But since I saw this thread I decided to call. Easy peasy.

edit:: full disclosure I'm a Preferred Rewards member so when I call my call gets routed to better reps.

Message 49 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I agree that unfortunately BoA does things in a weird and roundabout way that can impede doing business well.

BoA once told me the following when I applied for the Alaska Airlines card and was declined. I called recon and mentioned I knew two people who had PC'd from Cash Rewards to Alaska (true) very recently, one within the prior week.

BoA rep's response was that they couldn't do it because "The rules at Bank of America change every day. They are never the same from one day to the next."

Oh my. What a way to conduct business. Smiley Happy

Just wanted to provide an update as I mentioned I would. I did receive the polar bear design from BoA when I requested this design to replace my original red Cash Rewards card; however, it took about a month from the time they approved the change in their system until the date I actually received the card. It took a while for me to get a confirmation e-mail that it had been issued and then also mailed.

Remember that it also intiially took weeks for the approval to work its way through their system, even though it was just a design change and not a product change.

The alternate designs are definitely neat and I'd say to go for one if you like it, but be prepared for a wait.

(these are only examples of the designs that are available for the Cash Rewards card, which I found after digging around a LOT online. There is no one single site or location that lists all of the available designs, unfortunately.)

Hopefully, you will see one that you like below. :

credit_card_2015.jpg

aaag_ut_ecs_upload_aaag_cshsigvhd_v_tif_01222013.jpg

qvyb_cshsigvhd_v.png

card.jpg

lafu_cshsigcm_v_250x158.png

qaav_cshsigvhd_v_nwf.png

boatus-boa-credit-card.jpg

boa_case_rewards_visa.jpg

creditcard_new.jpg

qvwk_sigcm_v_stream.png

BOA-Card-chip.jpg

qujw_cshsigvhd_v.png

images.jpeg

quns_cshsigvhd_v.png

aact_cshsigvhd_v.png

Message 50 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.