Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash line

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA Cash line

I have 10k CL and 10k Cash limit on my siggy card.

One difference might be the banking relationship. I have Checking/Savings and a Merril Stock account. The CC is also tied into my checking for overdraft.

Message 11 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

my cash line still equals my credit line until oct. 4th.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 12 of 15
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Dont know why they are cutting back, the have 5 Billion New Buffet Dollars Smiley Very Happy 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scottwagnon wrote:

Same here, I called and asked if it's something I did?

I was told "No" its across the board, everyone's cash advances will be cut to 30% of their CL starting Oct 4th.

What's funny is I initially had the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Siggy and it reported no CL, so I PC'd it over to the Bank of America World MasterCard Cash Rewards (there is two ways they can set it up)

1. As a Visa Siggy (Should show no CL)

2. As a Platinum (Will show a CL)

I was going to have it set up as a Platinum until the rep explained all of the benefits of having it as a Visa Siggy so I said oh OK keep it as a Visa Siggy but it now shows a CL on my reports, in all the Emails I get from BoA it refers to my World MasterCard Visa Siggy and also on my Online acct it says World MasterCard Visa Siggy.

I'm just glad it shows the CL, I hope BoA does not catch their mistake.

As far as the Cash Advances being cut to 30%, I personally could care less, I have never taken a cash advance on a CC and I do not plan on doing so anytime soon.

Message 14 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Same here, I called and asked if it's something I did?

I was told "No" its across the board, everyone's cash advances will be cut to 30% of their CL starting Oct 4th.

What's funny is I initially had the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Siggy and it reported no CL, so I PC'd it over to the Bank of America World MasterCard Cash Rewards (there is two ways they can set it up)

1. As a Visa Siggy (Should show no CL)

2. As a Platinum (Will show a CL)

I was going to have it set up as a Platinum until the rep explained all of the benefits of having it as a Visa Siggy so I said oh OK keep it as a Visa Siggy but it now shows a CL on my reports, in all the Emails I get from BoA it refers to my World MasterCard Visa Siggy and also on my Online acct it says World MasterCard Visa Siggy.

I'm just glad it shows the CL, I hope BoA does not catch their mistake.

As far as the Cash Advances being cut to 30%, I personally could care less, I have never taken a cash advance on a CC and I do not plan on doing so anytime soon.

Well, that's different!  Smiley Very Happy

I have a BofA World MasterCard, and it does report the limit, and it does not suffer from transcardnetwork confusion.

DD#2 has a BofA Platinum Visa, and her both her card and her online account say that it's a Siggy, but it's not.

My cash limit has been at 1/3 of my $18K CL for as long as I can remember, although as I've never used it (and don't ever plan to), that's a hard memory to pin down. As are so many others. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.