Frequent Contributor
minimock

Re: BofA Cash line

I have 10k CL and 10k Cash limit on my siggy card.

One difference might be the banking relationship. I have Checking/Savings and a Merril Stock account. The CC is also tied into my checking for overdraft.

Scores: EQ (FICO) - 730 | EX (FICO) - 722 | TU (FICO) - 713 - 06/25/2014

US Airways MC (5 K) | US Airways World MC (10 K) | Chase United Airlines Sig VISA (5K) | BOA Rewards Sig Visa (10K) Citi Dividend Plat MC (5.6K) | Discover Miles (6.6K) | AMEX BCE (7 K) | AMEX Plat Delta (11 K) | BOA PLAT (7.5K)

Valued Contributor
scottwagnon

my cash line still equals my credit line until oct. 4th.

EX BankCard 8 FICO 820 (250-900) 04/08/14
TU FICO 806 (350-850) 04/10/14
EX VT 3.0 805 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 798 (300 - 850) TU transrisk 772
card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859
Frequent Contributor
minimock

Dont know why they are cutting back, the have 5 Billion New Buffet Dollars :smileyvery-happy: 

Scores: EQ (FICO) - 730 | EX (FICO) - 722 | TU (FICO) - 713 - 06/25/2014

US Airways MC (5 K) | US Airways World MC (10 K) | Chase United Airlines Sig VISA (5K) | BOA Rewards Sig Visa (10K) Citi Dividend Plat MC (5.6K) | Discover Miles (6.6K) | AMEX BCE (7 K) | AMEX Plat Delta (11 K) | BOA PLAT (7.5K)

Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

[ Edited ]

scottwagnon wrote:

Same here, I called and asked if it's something I did?

I was told "No" its across the board, everyone's cash advances will be cut to 30% of their CL starting Oct 4th.

What's funny is I initially had the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Siggy and it reported no CL, so I PC'd it over to the Bank of America World MasterCard Cash Rewards (there is two ways they can set it up)

1. As a Visa Siggy (Should show no CL)

2. As a Platinum (Will show a CL)

I was going to have it set up as a Platinum until the rep explained all of the benefits of having it as a Visa Siggy so I said oh OK keep it as a Visa Siggy but it now shows a CL on my reports, in all the Emails I get from BoA it refers to my World MasterCard Visa Siggy and also on my Online acct it says World MasterCard Visa Siggy.

I'm just glad it shows the CL, I hope BoA does not catch their mistake.

As far as the Cash Advances being cut to 30%, I personally could care less, I have never taken a cash advance on a CC and I do not plan on doing so anytime soon.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Mustanglvr2006 wrote:

scottwagnon wrote:

Same here, I called and asked if it's something I did?

I was told "No" its across the board, everyone's cash advances will be cut to 30% of their CL starting Oct 4th.

What's funny is I initially had the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Siggy and it reported no CL, so I PC'd it over to the Bank of America World MasterCard Cash Rewards (there is two ways they can set it up)

1. As a Visa Siggy (Should show no CL)

2. As a Platinum (Will show a CL)

I was going to have it set up as a Platinum until the rep explained all of the benefits of having it as a Visa Siggy so I said oh OK keep it as a Visa Siggy but it now shows a CL on my reports, in all the Emails I get from BoA it refers to my World MasterCard Visa Siggy and also on my Online acct it says World MasterCard Visa Siggy.

I'm just glad it shows the CL, I hope BoA does not catch their mistake.

As far as the Cash Advances being cut to 30%, I personally could care less, I have never taken a cash advance on a CC and I do not plan on doing so anytime soon.

Well, that's different!  :smileyvery-happy:

I have a BofA World MasterCard, and it does report the limit, and it does not suffer from transcardnetwork confusion.

DD#2 has a BofA Platinum Visa, and her both her card and her online account say that it's a Siggy, but it's not.

My cash limit has been at 1/3 of my $18K CL for as long as I can remember, although as I've never used it (and don't ever plan to), that's a hard memory to pin down. As are so many others. :smileytongue:

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+