Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Credit Card Annual Fee

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Credit Card Annual Fee

@luis2k10 wrote:
Considering I already have a 15k Discover (2014) and 10.5k Amex BCE (2015) it really won't be a big loss if I do cancel the Bofa cc. My other major cc is the Chase Amazon at 4.5k (2014)
I only use the Bofa once a month for an auto pay monthly charge so it won't be a major loss if they follow through on my cancel request.

If I were you, I'll try to remove the AF by calling several times/numbers. After that, if I had a TU HP to spare, I'll request a CLI to 20k, they will counter and you can call and ask for more up to 30 days later if they give you a small CLI. You can ask to at least match your Discover.

Good luck

Message 11 of 17
luis2k10
Established Member

Quick update:

Great news!

After a late night chat, I was able to get the fee waived this year. Once the fee hits on the 20th of this month, I have to contact them again to have the fee adjusted.

A little run down on my plan:

I plan on visiting my local branch tomorow to PIF my balance so that the card reports at zero. Once the fee is posted I'm going to contact them to have it adjusted. A few days later or that same day hehehe I am going to request an increase to $25,000. If they counter with something else I'll gladly take it, Then I am going to ask to convert to a VISA signature from the VISA classic. I'd love to hear any thoughts and opinions.

Next year I will play the game and try to have the fee waived again. 

Thank for all the advise and help my friends. This community really is great!

Forgot to mention that I saved the chat session to a PDF in case they suddenly come up with a different story next week.

Five year plan worked
April 2017 Transunion 829 - Equifax 824 - Experian 819
March 2009 Equifax 552
FICO 8 scores
Message 12 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

Congrats! and good luck with the CLI.

You can try to remove the AF next year a couple of months before it hits.

Message 13 of 17
luis2k10
Established Member

Starting the second week of January 16 I'm going to start making phone calls and chat sessions to try to get the AF removed. If they did it once I'm sure they can again.
Five year plan worked
March 2009 Equifax 552
FICO 8 scores
Message 14 of 17
lmhenry1
Contributor

Also just a side note for anyone else trying to remove the annual fee permanently. try their social media team on twitter @BofA_help. They were the ones who were able to remove it permanently for me and even left a awesome follow up voicemail. This bank has gotten 10 times better with customer service you just have to talk to the right people. Good Luck
American Express BCP - $30,000

NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000

BOA Cash Rewards VISA Signature $25,000

Advantage Aviator Red World Mastercard - $15,150

Southwest Priority Rapid Rewards - $15,000

Chase Freedom -$8,400
Wells Fargo Propel Amex - $7,500
Total CL - $126,050

Future Goals Chase Trifecta
A Discover Card to have as a compliment to Chase Freedom Card
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to get my fee waived or converted to card with no annual fee and they refused. I have a thin file and its my oldest card so i cant just cancel it. I know its only $300 crdit limit but want to keep that oldest date. My next oldest cards are only a year old. I have much better credit lines and interest rates from other banks so i dont actually use the card

Message 16 of 17
luis2k10
Established Member

Quick little update. The AF hasn't posted yet.
I did get a 4.6K CLI!
Now I'm just waiting for the AF to post to get it adj off and try to convert this to a sig card. Bofa has been amazing.
To my friend above. Keep trying to get it adjusted. I was in the same boat as you until I found the right person to help me.
Five year plan worked
March 2009 Equifax 552
FICO 8 scores
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.