Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Credit Card Customer Service Stinks

tag
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

BofA Credit Card Customer Service Stinks

Hello:

Not to get on my soap box, but does anyone have names and address of someone in the credit card area that can make a decision, HAHA.

I tried to get a late payment taken off to no avail. I tried to get my interest rate lowered and they won't.

Here I am paying on my card trying to be responsible and asking for a favor and they really do not give a crap!

Any insight is appreciated.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Credit Card Customer Service Stinks

@ilzhoefer wrote:

Hello:

Not to get on my soap box, but does anyone have names and address of someone in the credit card area that can make a decision, HAHA.

I tried to get a late payment taken off to no avail. I tried to get my interest rate lowered and they won't.

Here I am paying on my card trying to be responsible and asking for a favor and they really do not give a crap!

Try the backdoor numbers sticky thread under credit cards in this forum.

Message 2 of 17
Smug
Established Contributor

I love this customer service. They lowered my credit card down to 9% only had the card for one year.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 3 of 17
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@ilzhoefer wrote:

Hello:

LOL, funny you should mention that.  This article today at MSN addresses BofA  "customer service" or lack thereof...

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=793f12ae-b1bb-4cfd-ae66-bc23db18733e

Aritcle does mention the CEO by name; send him an email ! ! !

Did you try calling the back door number(s) for BofA?

Message 4 of 17
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@ilzhoefer wrote:

Hello:

LOL, funny you should mention that.  This article today at MSN addresses BofA  "customer service" or lack thereof...

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=793f12ae-b1bb-4cfd-ae66-bc23db18733e

Aritcle does mention the CEO by name; send him an email ! ! !

Did you try calling the back door number(s) for BofA?

It is funny, because I was just writing a letter to Bank of America to tell them how much I appreciate a particular persons customer service today on the phone, becuase I am so used to getting terrible treatment on the phone with them. If you ever speak with someone and have an outstanding experience, please consider letting someone know about it, becuase rarely do people ever take the time, and it is helpful to increase morale and motivation for these employees. I have been astounded at the high level of customer service with my CSP. It is by far the best customer service out there that I have experience with any company (not just banking).

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 5 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

The few times my wife has had to call BofA for an issue/concern or question on her credit card, they have been less than helpful or approachable.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 17
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Personally, I have never had a bad experience with BofA's customer service, whether is be with my credit card or my bank accounts.  My two local branches are great, with a lot of the tellers greeting me by name and them telling me they appreciate my business.  The person who helped me set up my business bank accounts calls me periodically to see how things are going.  I've had two different people call me about my credit card asking me how things are going and to thank me for my business - I've had my card less than a year.  I've never had to call about an issue with my credit card but any time I've had a question about banking, they were able to answer my questions/take care of any issues - I've had my personal accounts with them about 10 years and my business accounts for 2 years.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 7 of 17
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@ilzhoefer wrote:

Hello:

Are you asking for GW deletion, or is it incorrectly reporting?  Refusing to remove an accurate notation is not poor customer service.  BofA is a tough nut to crack when it comes to GW.  Lots of people report not having success.  I know I didn't have any luck.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 17
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Write a letter and tell them the CS is terrible and give them good reasons for what you want them to do. Aso, mention you want to have a long business relationship with them. Thats what I did with citi bank, and they took care of everthing.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 9 of 17
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

I was asking to waive the late fee and then reduce my interest rate.

That's all, nothing complicated.

My id was stolen and my old bofa cc was closed. My cu bill pay still had the old card attached to it. Therefore making my payment late. They said looking at my payment history and my inability to correct my bill pay, the $35 late fee stands. Then I was transferred 2 times to someone else about my interest rate. We started talking about my employment and then said since my acct is presently deliquent, which it is not, just a late payment, that they couldn't continue with the request of a lower interest rate.

They like to see at least 6 months of payments without a late payment.

I used to have 700+, but now with short sales I am red flagged and BofA only looks at paper and it's hard to find someone on the phone there that really cares. Hence why I am at a Credit union and will soon open up an account with Navy Federal Credit Union.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.