Regular Contributor
culture

BofA, GE money bank and PenFed a love story .....

Hello: 

I been lurking for a while and reading alot... so this few past days I started calling the backdoor numbers to see how my numbers played..

I currently running on  TU : 751 (Fico) EQ 756( Fico) Ex 776 (FAKO, is this even real ? lol) 

First called BofA for a interest rate reduction... i got a 2% reduction.. i took it until i lower my util with them to  <10 or pif... I was amazed that i got that small number.. This card had a 25% utilization at the moment I called. This was a SP...  CLI here is always a HP

After that I called GE bank for the same matter but that CSR told me that line was only for CLI, after inquiring if it was a SP I asked for a 10k rise.  haha .. well they only gave me a 1.5k raise.. I took it .. this card is a Banana Rep. and is PIF .  went from 2.5k  to 4k.

Later I went to the PenFed website to check my eligibility to join them and search for one of those cards.. Well I joined and received the info for a new account. This financial group does a HP on EQ just for opening the account.  lets see how this journey ends.....

I just wanted to put this info out  so It can be help full and see if I get advice to learn from my mistakes during this type of process. 

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: BofA, GE money bank and PenFed a love story .....

Sounds like a Taylor Swift kind of love story....lol

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
culture

I forgot to mention that in GE Bank the CSR told me that they dont negotiate APR... that it has been a policy for more than 5 years .. is this true ? 

anyone can confirm this ? 

Valued Contributor
Gunnar419

culture wrote:

I forgot to mention that in GE Bank the CSR told me that they dont negotiate APR... that it has been a policy for more than 5 years .. is this true ? 

anyone can confirm this ? 

From everything I've ever heard (including a statement this week on MyFico by a helpful GE personal banker), GE APRs are all fixed for life, absolutely no reductions.

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Yeah lol GECRB NEVER decreases aprs.
Best bet- pif or never carry a bal more than a couple months!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Regular Contributor
culture

i wounder if i should recon that limit on the BR card 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+