New Contributor
mogo

BofA -- I love you

I just got my first prime card (black amex rewards) - limit is 1k , but who cares.  

I cannot thank all of you enough for teaching me about fico credit.  I have gone from low 500's to high 690's in less than 8 months.
Frequent Contributor
Solarjuju

Re: BofA -- I love you

Congrats!!!
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Congrats! That card will definitely grow with you.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
tonsers

Way to go! :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
kobe81

I like BOA a lot. I have two CC's with them, along with a Personal Checking and Savings account.
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

Congrats mogo. Looking back, what made your scores rise the most in such short time? Is there anything you wish you knew then?

Established Member
Cinderella5596

nice!!!  how did you start off rebuilding??  im just starting out re-b.  i thought i should stay away from CCs, etc but this board has taught me so much!!  i just got the99/500...im on my way!!  congrats again :smileywink:
Established Contributor
contractor

You rock ! Good work.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
New Contributor
mogo

Sorry it has taken awhile to respond - computer down.  My scores have risen mainly from time, not applying for credit, and not carrying a balance ( I pay in full before the statement cuts).  As for what I wish I knew before hand is the dramatic affect of lates.  My family had some health issues that distracted me personally as well as monetarily.  I would have some lates because of medical bills, but would not have had the number of lates if I had managed it differently.  I should have worked out more payment plans with medical providers vs. paying in full and letting something slip.  I should have also contacted my creditors and explained the situation and asked for help from them as well as family.  I just hate have payments hanging over my head other than a car and mortgage.
Established Contributor
beenthere

I'm glad for you. BoA won't touch me. Sad but I can't blame them.
1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}