Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

BofA -- I love you

I just got my first prime card (black amex rewards) - limit is 1k , but who cares.  

I cannot thank all of you enough for teaching me about fico credit.  I have gone from low 500's to high 690's in less than 8 months.
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA -- I love you

Congrats!!!
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That card will definitely grow with you.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor

Way to go! Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

I like BOA a lot. I have two CC's with them, along with a Personal Checking and Savings account.
Frequent Contributor

Congrats mogo. Looking back, what made your scores rise the most in such short time? Is there anything you wish you knew then?

Established Member

nice!!!  how did you start off rebuilding??  im just starting out re-b.  i thought i should stay away from CCs, etc but this board has taught me so much!!  i just got the99/500...im on my way!!  congrats again Smiley Wink
Established Contributor

You rock ! Good work.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
New Contributor

Sorry it has taken awhile to respond - computer down.  My scores have risen mainly from time, not applying for credit, and not carrying a balance ( I pay in full before the statement cuts).  As for what I wish I knew before hand is the dramatic affect of lates.  My family had some health issues that distracted me personally as well as monetarily.  I would have some lates because of medical bills, but would not have had the number of lates if I had managed it differently.  I should have worked out more payment plans with medical providers vs. paying in full and letting something slip.  I should have also contacted my creditors and explained the situation and asked for help from them as well as family.  I just hate have payments hanging over my head other than a car and mortgage.
Established Contributor

I'm glad for you. BoA won't touch me. Sad but I can't blame them.
1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.