Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA -- I love you

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA -- I love you

I just got my first prime card (black amex rewards) - limit is 1k , but who cares.  

I cannot thank all of you enough for teaching me about fico credit.  I have gone from low 500's to high 690's in less than 8 months.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA -- I love you

Congrats!!!
Message 2 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That card will definitely grow with you.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 11
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

Way to go! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
kobe81
Regular Contributor

I like BOA a lot. I have two CC's with them, along with a Personal Checking and Savings account.
Message 5 of 11
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats mogo. Looking back, what made your scores rise the most in such short time? Is there anything you wish you knew then?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice!!!  how did you start off rebuilding??  im just starting out re-b.  i thought i should stay away from CCs, etc but this board has taught me so much!!  i just got the99/500...im on my way!!  congrats again Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You rock ! Good work.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it has taken awhile to respond - computer down.  My scores have risen mainly from time, not applying for credit, and not carrying a balance ( I pay in full before the statement cuts).  As for what I wish I knew before hand is the dramatic affect of lates.  My family had some health issues that distracted me personally as well as monetarily.  I would have some lates because of medical bills, but would not have had the number of lates if I had managed it differently.  I should have worked out more payment plans with medical providers vs. paying in full and letting something slip.  I should have also contacted my creditors and explained the situation and asked for help from them as well as family.  I just hate have payments hanging over my head other than a car and mortgage.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad for you. BoA won't touch me. Sad but I can't blame them.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.