cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA..Is this their way of apologizing? Pre-approved...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA..Is this there way of apologizing? Pre-approved...

lets just hope that BoA doesnt gothe way of Orchard Bank, were you have to call and threaten to close the account in order to get a CLISmiley Surprised
Message 31 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

gordonbs wrote:

MsQueenB wrote:
I LOVE BofA!  When I went on their site to see if I had any pre-approved offers, they said there was a Plat Visa with a 6k limit I qualified for.  So, I applied and they gave me a WorldPoints Visa with a 10k limit (was I surprised!!) Smiley Surprised

Again, just wanted to say I LOVE BofA!  Did you get that I LOVE BofA? Smiley Very Happy

So they do indeed show you pre-approvals? And they tell you the CL before you even app? Man where did you look?

I don't know if you'd call it a "pre-approval" or not.  On their site, you fill in requested info and they're careful to tell you that you have to acknowledge that you realize you are not applying for credit.  After you sumbit the info, they will tell you what offers you qualify for.  Then, you submit an application and it comes back "approved" or "declined".  Like I said, I was shocked that after I applied the limit was higher than what they said but I didn't say, "Wait, you said 6k.  This is too much!" Smiley Very Happy
Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsQueenB wrote:

UpUpUp wrote:

MsQueenB wrote:
I LOVE BofA!  When I went on their site to see if I had any pre-approved offers, they said there was a Plat Visa with a 6k limit I qualified for.  So, I applied and they gave me a WorldPoints Visa with a 10k limit (was I surprised!!) Smiley Surprised

Again, just wanted to say I LOVE BofA!  Did you get that I LOVE BofA? Smiley Very Happy

Atleast somebody does. My recent experiences with them have been awful. Rude customer service. 2x in one week.

I've had them for a few years and prior to that I was happy with them. But they are not on my christmas card list this year. LOL

Yeah, you feel about BofA like I do about Discover.Smiley Mad  Everybody's experiences are different and it really does depend on which customer rep you get.  I always start off being friendly and using humor (even when I'm really p.o.'d).  If that doesn't work, I go "postal"! (just kidding) Smiley Very Happy

It really does end up with customer service being the number one factor I think. There can be all the perks in the world, but if they treat me bad, I just don't care as much about the product they are offering. 
Message 33 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to the preapproval site and they didn't have any offers for me Smiley Sad
I think BOA has blacklisted me. I've been trying to get a CLI for months without success. I'm wondering if it's because I yelled at 3 different CSR because they were stupid...lol Yes, I did call them stupid.

BOA had messed up my auto recurring payment and charged me $105 in returned payment in 3 months. Each time I called, they would transfer me to a different dept and every CSR would put the blame of another department.
I got fed up and went directly to the bank and had a manager call to resolve the issue, told her I wasn't leaving until she took care the problems. She did resolve it in ONE call!

Maybe I should go to the bank and request CLI... Smiley Happy

Well, who wouldn't be upset at that!  You did great by going in person because the last thing a bank wants is a disgruntled customer acting out in front of other customers! lol 

Request hte CLI.  They can only say yay or nay and if it's nay, keep pushing.  Remember: the squeaky wheel gets the oil! (you may quote me).
Message 34 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

mymy wrote:
lets just hope that BoA doesnt gothe way of Orchard Bank, were you have to call and threaten to close the account in order to get a CLISmiley Surprised

I think that's what it will take for me! Smiley Very Happy  They hate me! 
Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsQueenB wrote:

gordonbs wrote:

MsQueenB wrote:

So they do indeed show you pre-approvals? And they tell you the CL before you even app? Man where did you look?

I don't know if you'd call it a "pre-approval" or not.  On their site, you fill in requested info and they're careful to tell you that you have to acknowledge that you realize you are not applying for credit.  After you sumbit the info, they will tell you what offers you qualify for.  Then, you submit an application and it comes back "approved" or "declined".  Like I said, I was shocked that after I applied the limit was higher than what they said but I didn't say, "Wait, you said 6k.  This is too much!" Smiley Very Happy

It is a preapproval in the same sense that the CC offers you get in the mail are preapprovals.  It is based on characteristics of your specific credit profile, but it does not mean that an approval is guaranteed.

Having said that, we've seen a number of stories where posters were denied but mentioned on recon that they had an online preapproval, and were able to be approved after all because BofA likes to honor their preapprovals more than most CCCs do.  I believe imducky was the first person I read about who had this happen.

Message 36 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsQueenB,

are we talking a hard or soft pull? Did you check if a INQ showed up?
Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

mymy wrote:
MsQueenB,

are we talking a hard or soft pull? Did you check if a INQ showed up?

Oh, yes, my dear.  A hard most certainly showed up!
Message 38 of 45
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I don't know of anyone that is going to issue you a card w/o a hard inquiry.
Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

The preapprovals page is either a soft pull, or they show you offers that they have for you as a result of prior promotional pulls.

If you actually accept one of those offers, it will always be a hard pull.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.