Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Luv Button Disappeared

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: BofA Luv Button Disappeared

Uncle_Money wrote:

I had the luv button all along so I don't understand why they removed it.

I have a prime card, which is the accelerated rewards Amex card with a $10,500 limit. I should probably call to see what's going on.

Did you check again today? Their websites got messed up the last several days. Maybe it was in electron limbo or something.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a bad idea to ask for a CLI when I'm carrying a balance and have high utilization?

Message 22 of 49
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Goosey wrote:

Is it a bad idea to ask for a CLI when I'm carrying a balance and have high utilization?

In this day and age, yes, it is.

You want to keep flying under their radar as best as you can, and get those balances down ASAP. (Easy to say, I know. Smiley Tongue )
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In this day and age, yes, it is.

You want to keep flying under their radar as best as you can, and get those balances down ASAP. (Easy to say, I know. Smiley Tongue )

Ya I'm pretty scared to hit the luv button for fear it'll trigger a hard look at my account. I'm just hoping for an automatic CLI at this point.
Message 24 of 49
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Hi Hauling,

Check out this screenshot...

It used to be on the left side! I'm planning on going for an increase in early November so that's why I'm a little bothered by this. Especially since I have an excellent record with them.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 25 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Not too many auto-CLI's coming from BofA these days and I suspect no time soon either.
Message 26 of 49
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Uncle Money, you're right, it seems to be gone.

Have you missed a payment date by a couple of days or anything recently? Has your BT offer always been 9.99%? I'm wondering if they got mad at you for something.

I don't know that I would call to ask what happened, unless you're OK with losing the whole account. BofA seems awfully twitchy these days.
Message 27 of 49
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Nothing of the sort. I not only pay on time, I usually pay way before the due date. BT has always been 9.99%.

What do you mean by "losing the whole account?" I haven't given them any reason at all to mess with me in any way.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 28 of 49
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, it doesn't look like you did anything to trigger the luv button's removal, then.

There are several threads going around in the last few days where members called CS to ask for a CLI, etc., and their accounts were promptly closed.

I'd love to try to do a product change on my BofA card one day, but I'm not poking them with a stick at the moment. Not until they're out of their present mood.
Message 29 of 49
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Mine was there tonight so I went ahead and hit it. I like to give them an opportunity about once a month to send me a letter explaining that I have sufficient credit with them. The card has a date with my shredder in December anyway, so if they close it I'll save a little electricity.
Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.