10-02-2009 01:55 PM
Sounds like good advice, Mirth. I was planning on asking them for an increase in early November but now I'm not so sure.
I'm actually considering a credit union for my next account opening.
10-02-2009 05:07 PM
Another Update: I spoke to a CSR via phone and she says they stopped doing automatic increases.
Does this make sense?
No, that answer doesn't address your question. The LUV button is a means of the customer initiating a request for a CLI. An automatic increase wouldn't be customer initiated.
But, honestly, I'd stop poking them. The LUV button will return when you're again in their good graces enough (whatever defines that state of being). Wait until it returns before you attempt to get an increase. Otherwise, you may be setting yourself up for a CLD.
+1 - I wholeheartedly agree with both points.
All CLI's with BofA are now, and have been for some time, cardholder initiated.
If you are destined to get your luv button back it will happen on its own. On the other hand if it went away for a reason, which it appears it may have, you don't want to pot stir with them. You have two things going on: 1) loss of luv button and 2) a high APR BT offer. This is a sign. Something must be going on with your relationship with them. It could be as simple as they have concluded that you have enough unsecured credit at this time.
10-02-2009 05:48 PM
Uncle Money's final decision with Bank of America!
Thanks to everyone for all your advice. Since it is now clear to me that something is wrong with this picture, I'm going to FedEx one of my famous letters and see where that gets me. Honestly, if they close my account then so be it. What is so special about a BT of 9.99%? That s**** and now that I think of it, my previous BT rate was only 3.99%. Something must have triggered this increase, along with the luv button disappearing. I'm determined to get to the bottom of this! I will post an update when they respond.
10-02-2009 06:18 PM
10-14-2009 05:17 PM
10-14-2009 05:20 PM
It means you have what you need to request a CLI. There are no gimmes these days though. So you fill out the form and either get rejected flat out or a message to call. If you get the message to call in you might get a CLI if you do - then again they might close your account. If you don't call you might get a CLI anyway. Up to you to decide what to do...
LOL. I got the 7-10 day message. BOA just reopened my account. I hope they don't close it so quickly.