Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Luv Button Disappeared

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Re: BofA Luv Button Disappeared

Sounds like good advice, Mirth. I was planning on asking them for an increase in early November but now I'm not so sure.

I'm actually considering a credit union for my next account opening.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 41 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Another Update: I spoke to a CSR via phone and she says they stopped doing automatic increases.

Does this make sense?

No, that answer doesn't address your question. The LUV button is a means of the customer initiating a request for a CLI. An automatic increase wouldn't be customer initiated.

But, honestly, I'd stop poking them. The LUV button will return when you're again in their good graces enough (whatever defines that state of being). Wait until it returns before you attempt to get an increase. Otherwise, you may be setting yourself up for a CLD. Smiley Sad

+1 - I wholeheartedly agree with both points.

All CLI's with BofA are now, and have been for some time, cardholder initiated.

If you are destined to get your luv button back it will happen on its own. On the other hand if it went away for a reason, which it appears it may have, you don't want to pot stir with them. You have two things going on: 1) loss of luv button and 2) a high APR BT offer. This is a sign. Something must be going on with your relationship with them. It could be as simple as they have concluded that you have enough unsecured credit at this time.

Message 42 of 49
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Uncle Money's final decision with Bank of America!

Thanks to everyone for all your advice. Since it is now clear to me that something is wrong with this picture, I'm going to FedEx one of my famous letters and see where that gets me. Honestly, if they close my account then so be it. What is so special about a BT of 9.99%? That s**** and now that I think of it, my previous BT rate was only 3.99%. Something must have triggered this increase, along with the luv button disappearing. I'm determined to get to the bottom of this! I will post an update when they respond.

- UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 43 of 49
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, dear, those Friday night letters have a way of biting back! I've sent a few in my time as well. Or as my kids put it, "Mom's on her high horse again." Smiley Very Happy

But if you're comfortable with the possibility of the entire account being closed, and losing that $10.5K CL, and it wouldn't affect your util, etc. (I know you're a PIF'er), then you have every right to make that decision. Your credit should be your tool, and spending your life sweating decisions by total strangers doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

To me, this is one of the great unspoken advantages of not carrying balances: you are no one's credit slave. And that's a pretty nice place to be.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

One less letter and one more martini sounds like a reasonable plan to me...
Message 45 of 49
DI
Super Contributor

Luv botton appearing on my BOA account.  Does that indicate I'm eligible for a CLI?  Also, a 3.99 APR BT rate appeared. 
Message 46 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It means you have what you need to request a CLI. There are no gimmes these days though. So you fill out the form and either get rejected flat out or a message to call. If you get the message to call in you might get a CLI if you do - then again they might close your account. If you don't call you might get a CLI anyway. Up to you to decide what to do...
Message 47 of 49
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
It means you have what you need to request a CLI. There are no gimmes these days though. So you fill out the form and either get rejected flat out or a message to call. If you get the message to call in you might get a CLI if you do - then again they might close your account. If you don't call you might get a CLI anyway. Up to you to decide what to do...

LOL. I got the 7-10 day message.  BOA just reopened my account.  I hope they don't close it so quickly.  

Message 48 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Pretty sure that message is a denial. It was when I got it last year.
Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.