Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Luv Button IS Back!

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

BofA Luv Button IS Back!

Hey Gang,

First, I want to wish everyone here a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

I have the BofA/Amex Accelerated Reward card.  A couple of months back, BofA removed the luv button from my online banking.  Today, I made a payment for $5,000 and what do you know? BAM, the button is now back.

I guess when you run up a high balance, they remove it.  When you get the balance down, it comes back.  Interesting.

Here's my question.  My limit is $10,500.  What amount should I stop charges at?

Thanks,

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: BofA Luv Button IS Back!

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Hey Gang,

First, I want to wish everyone here a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

I have the BofA/Amex Accelerated Reward card.  A couple of months back, BofA removed the luv button from my online banking.  Today, I made a payment for $5,000 and what do you know? BAM, the button is now back.

I guess when you run up a high balance, they remove it.  When you get the balance down, it comes back.  Interesting.

Here's my question.  My limit is $10,500.  What amount should I stop charges at?

Thanks,

UM

And to you, UM!

I have the same BofA Amex card - it's a nice one. BofA likes use so I would say use away. Just don't revolve a larger balance very long. If I ever have to revolve a balance anywhere I never go above 1/3 of the CL. I can do that and keep my overall UTIL < 10%. That seems to be a relatively safe strategy and I have had almost no AA/RJ activity, have or get all the "Luv Buttons" regularly and get my CLI's.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Hey Gang,

Thanks,

UM

That's a great question Uncle let all of us know after Black-Friday how much you spent.Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
wmarat
Valued Contributor

As far as I understand THE GAME, it does not matter how much you charge, but how much you let be reported.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.