Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

BofA Luv Button IS Back!

Hey Gang,

First, I want to wish everyone here a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

I have the BofA/Amex Accelerated Reward card.  A couple of months back, BofA removed the luv button from my online banking.  Today, I made a payment for $5,000 and what do you know? BAM, the button is now back.

I guess when you run up a high balance, they remove it.  When you get the balance down, it comes back.  Interesting.

Here's my question.  My limit is $10,500.  What amount should I stop charges at?

Thanks,

UM

Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: BofA Luv Button IS Back!

Uncle_Money wrote:

Hey Gang,

First, I want to wish everyone here a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

I have the BofA/Amex Accelerated Reward card.  A couple of months back, BofA removed the luv button from my online banking.  Today, I made a payment for $5,000 and what do you know? BAM, the button is now back.

I guess when you run up a high balance, they remove it.  When you get the balance down, it comes back.  Interesting.

Here's my question.  My limit is $10,500.  What amount should I stop charges at?

Thanks,

UM

And to you, UM!

I have the same BofA Amex card - it's a nice one. BofA likes use so I would say use away. Just don't revolve a larger balance very long. If I ever have to revolve a balance anywhere I never go above 1/3 of the CL. I can do that and keep my overall UTIL < 10%. That seems to be a relatively safe strategy and I have had almost no AA/RJ activity, have or get all the "Luv Buttons" regularly and get my CLI's.

New Contributor
JoJo74

Uncle_Money wrote:

Hey Gang,

Thanks,

UM

That's a great question Uncle let all of us know after Black-Friday how much you spent.:smileyvery-happy:

Valued Contributor
wmarat

As far as I understand THE GAME, it does not matter how much you charge, but how much you let be reported.
IN VINO VERITAS.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}