Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA MLB - Random Bureau Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA MLB - Random Bureau Pull

I chatted with a Bank of America agent about the MLB Bankamericard Cash Rewards card and I was asking what the UW standards were and she said they vary because they pull a random bureau for each app.

Say whaa?? Yep, they randomly choose a bureau to pull from.

Anyone heard of that for other cards? Are all BofA cards like that? Does everyone know this but me?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA MLB - Random Bureau Pull

@Anonymous wrote:
I chatted with a Bank of America agent about the MLB Bankamericard Cash Rewards card and I was asking what the UW standards were and she said they vary because they pull a random bureau for each app.

Say whaa?? Yep, they randomly choose a bureau to pull from.

Anyone heard of that for other cards? Are all BofA cards like that? Does everyone know this but me?

They're the ones extending credit, They can pull whatever they feel like that day. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

That might be what the CSR was trained to say.  Generally BoA pulls EX for new apps and TU for CLI.  YMMV

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought. Just never heard that before. Was expecting EX.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish less cards pulled EX. I have the most INQ's on that bureau. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 11
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish less cards pulled EX. I have the most INQ's on that bureau. Smiley Frustrated

Me too. Ugh. Have to let those inquiries on my EX age a lot more.Thankfully not so much of a problem on my TU and EQ reports but still. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

In November I'll only have 1 INQ on EX so I'm apping for Chase Disney but I feel like I should add another one so eyeing this. Plus I love the O's. Hope it's EX.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
In November I'll only have 1 INQ on EX so I'm apping for Chase Disney but I feel like I should add another one so eyeing this. Plus I love the O's. Hope it's EX.

They're all over the place really. They pulled TU for the Wife when we got the Chase Freedom. Then they turn around and EX pull me for the SW RRP, and CSP.

Message 8 of 11
chalupaman
Super Contributor

In my experience, the Freedom has always been EQ and EX while the Chase AARP, Amazon Chase and SW cards have been just EQ.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess we'll see. I searched and read for all the Chase Disney apps on this site and they all said EX. Thanks.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.