Valued Contributor
jmbfl

BofA MyAccess Checking

I have an offer for a $75 premium to open a MyAccess checking account with BofA which shows up under offers when I login. I have a CC with BofA. If I open the checking account are they going to hard me again or will I be OK since I already am "real", have credit and am not applying for more credit.

Valued Member
GettingBackOnTrack

Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

you'll most likely get another hard.

EX 572 EQ 601 TU 583 Jul 11 08
EX 608 EQ 604 TU 610 Aug 3 08
EX 608 EQ 607 TU 616 9/1/08
Valued Member
dallas01

I just opened that account and they pulled a hard on TU and Experian softpull. I applied for a cc and they pulled a hard on experian. I was offered the secured and accepted that one. They did another hard on Experian. So for a Bank Account and CC I've got 3 hards and a soft for BOA.
Established Contributor
CreditDrama85

it is not worth it IMHO. i opened a B  of A MyAccess checking because i intended on applying for one of their credit cards in the future. it has been the worst experience ever.

whenever i depost anyting over $100.00, a 1 week hold is put on the account no matter what.

as you can imagine, i never use the account and should probably just close it. I have 2 other bank accounts where the funds are available the next day as long as the deposit is under $5,000.00
Valued Contributor
wmarat

They most likely will hard you.

If you need checking and do not want to be harded, open Agricultural FCU, as far as I know they soft your EQ for membership and non credit products.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Regular Contributor
stefanc

I opened one a few weeks ago, I called and additionally talked with someone online to make sure it would not be a hard. They all said it would be a soft.

Filled out everything online - account opened within 3 days without a hard -- soft pull only!

YMMV
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

stefanc wrote:
I opened one a few weeks ago, I called and additionally talked with someone online to make sure it would not be a hard. They all said it would be a soft.

Filled out everything online - account opened within 3 days without a hard -- soft pull only!

YMMV

I'm glad it worked out for you, but never, ever believe a CSR when they say it will only be a soft pull.  Nine times out of ten they have no idea what they are talking about, and probably don't even know the difference.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Valued Member
dallas01

BOA is a very good bank IMO, even with a hard pull. Every bank will hold your deposit if they don't know you. Thats why I use more than 1 bank. I just take cash out from one and then deposit cash, no hold. I forgot where I read it but, it says don't close out your bank account when you get another one. Wait until your bank gets to know you. BOA offers free transfers!
Regular Contributor
stefanc

cheddar wrote:

stefanc wrote:

YMMV

I'm glad it worked out for you, but never, ever believe a CSR when they say it will only be a soft pull. Nine times out of ten they have no idea what they are talking about, and probably don't even know the difference.

Yup I agree Cheddar.

But so far with BofA I have had pretty good luck (if I've been told it would be soft only) calling back and having them re-code a hard to a soft. Before pulling the trigger, I'll call multiple times, get names, bump it up to a supervisor etc.

Twice I've had a hard recoded without much problem, explaining my "paper" trail of calls and names.

Again big -- YMMV
Established Contributor

they can't hard your for a checking account unless there is a ODLOC connected, they soft you report to verify you idenity based on the info in the report
People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}