Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

rbbyrbsn wrote:
they can't hard your for a checking account unless there is a ODLOC connected, they soft you report to verify you idenity based on the info in the report

Unfortunately, this isn't true.  A checking account provides sufficient PP for a hard inquiry.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Established Contributor
CreditDrama85

it has nothing to do with whether or not the bank knows you, B of A just sucks. they hold all deposits and are not a real bank IMHO
Established Contributor

it's not a credit product

People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

rbbyrbsn wrote:
it's not a credit product

Doesn't matter.  They still have PP.

It's a common misconception that you have to be applying for credit in order for anyone to have PP for a hard inquiry.  It's just not true.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Valued Contributor
Scamp

CreditDrama85 wrote:
they hold all deposits

Erm...not true.

New customers ARE subject to random, up-to-a-week holds on their deposits over $100.00, but that 'newness' ends at 90 days, and after 60 days, they aren't supposed to sit on funds from local-bank checks longer than two days.  Even then, if you deposit in person, they can tell you if you're deposit is getting nailed with a hold and ask them to get the funds released the next day.

Possibly high-amount check deposits and/or personal-account checks are subject to more holds and issues, but it's simply not correct to state flatly that they 'hold all deposits'.

If you are having something like a locally-drawn paycheck held for a week every single time, you need to go into your local branch and talk to somebody to straighten it out.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Regular Contributor
AboveAverage

Just to add my .02

I have a BOA checking account that I opened in 3/08 (Myaccess checking). I then had direct deposit not too long after. When I switch direct deposit, I had to cash my check the "ghetto" way by going to the check cashing place and eat the 3% (wasn't going to wait 10-11 days for what was my rent check). That was my only inconvenience. When DD took effect the next pay, I have never had to wait more than 1 business day for a check to clear. I deposited a 1100 check about 2 months later from a client that cleared the next day. I would have gone to the bank that it's drawn from first.

BOA has always been good with whatever I asked. A creditor had cashed my bill pay check 1 day early and it caused my account to overdraft. When I called BOA, they saw how it overdrafted and saw the date of the Online Bill Pay check. Was credited the $25. I have nothing but good things to say about BOA. I have their secured credit card product and love the fact I can pay them same day. Their "My Portfolio" product tells me how much I'm worth and thanks to my auto loan, I'm worth negative 8k. (that's -9k...). I can keep track of all of my bills, CCs, etc and pay them straight through BOA. Plus, where I'm from there are so many BOA ATMs I have never had to pay a out-of-network fee...ever.

It's a good bank and I am very happy with them. So far. My finances have never been clearer and I would never go to a no-name bank again. I love the fact that even check deposits at the ATM clear in 1-2 business days. I don't even need to deal with a teller.

The only complaint I had....was that they did not offer starter checks. I called and complained and "as a courtesy" received the 50 starter checks that you're supposed to get when you open up an account. Even that was resolved to my satisfaction. As long as you're not a scumbag always overdrafting (and when I was younger...I used to be that scumbag), you will be treated by them fine.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}