Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA PC?

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: BofA PC?

@Leadberry wrote:

Are you sure the account history stays the same if the card is converted from Mastercard to Visa?  A new account number would have to be generated.

I would guess there is also an internal ID number for the card. This internal ID number is shared between the creditor and the CRA's, so even when the account number appears differently to you, it is still the same account with the same ID.

Message 11 of 20
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Leadberry wrote:

Are you sure the account history stays the same if the card is converted from Mastercard to Visa?  A new account number would have to be generated.

I would guess there is also an internal ID number for the card. This internal ID number is shared between the creditor and the CRA's, so even when the account number appears differently to you, it is still the same account with the same ID.

Ahhh, kk.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 12 of 20
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

I didn't really think of that myself but hopefully HiLine is correct. Smiley Tongue

I will be one unhappy camper if the product change causes my ~7 year account with them to be closed and report a fresh tradeline.  It would do a number on my AAoA which is already hurting due to Student Loan accounts.

I'll update when I can once I receive my card, activate it, and see an up to date credit report.

Message 13 of 20
SiouxsieSioux
Valued Member

I just also did a product change with BofA through online chat. The rep had no idea if it would be a soft or hard pull. But the account number will definitely change. Now to wait to see how it's going to report.

My Scores(10/31/13): Expedian 795, Equifax 777, TransUnion 772
My Cards from oldest to newest: BOFA Rewards (3.5K), CapOne Platinum Quicksilver (3K), US Bank Platinum (1.4K), Chase Amazon (3K), Discover It (9K), AMEX BCP (15K), Chase Freedom (8K), CSP (11.8K)
Loans: Auto, Home
Message 14 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My DD did a PC in March from their student Visa to BBR. Her history did not change but she was going from a Visa to a Visa. She was quoted 45 days but received it a little more than a month later. YMMV.
Message 15 of 20
SiouxsieSioux
Valued Member

Thanks for the information 09Lexie. I hope my history doesn't change since I'm going from a Visa to Visa too.

My Scores(10/31/13): Expedian 795, Equifax 777, TransUnion 772
My Cards from oldest to newest: BOFA Rewards (3.5K), CapOne Platinum Quicksilver (3K), US Bank Platinum (1.4K), Chase Amazon (3K), Discover It (9K), AMEX BCP (15K), Chase Freedom (8K), CSP (11.8K)
Loans: Auto, Home
Message 16 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Understood completely. She had the Visa since '04 when she graduated from high school. I almost forgot she had never done anything with that card.
Message 17 of 20
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

I had a previous MasterCard to MasterCard product which just transferred the account history.

Never done a MasterCard to Visa or vice versa though so fingers crossed that it's no different.

I did ask the online chat rep and he didn't mention anything about it not being transferred.  Did this while taking phone calls at work so I'm pretty memory is hazy.  I'm typically on top of asking about account history transferring and it being a soft/hard pull.

It was definitely a soft pull unless they pulled TU.

I've also got them investigating into why my account is not reporting on Experian.  They're gonna check on all 3 bureaus but it was nightmare years ago when I had this issue.  Took months of both them and the bureau not wanting to take responsibility for why it was not showing up; hopefully it's smoother this time around.

Message 18 of 20
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

When we look at our credit reports, it just says the issuer name; not the network that it was issued on.  I don't think converting my MC to a Visa would create a new tradeline.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 19 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I've PCed my BofA cards more than once, and the AAoA stays the same. The one in my signature must have been changed at least 3-4 times, and started as the original Visa I got with them at 18.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.