Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA PC

Was wondering if anyone had experience with a BofA PC? I converted one of my cards a week ago with a CSR who admitted it was the first time she had done one to an account. I am still showing my old Rewards type online but I wasn't sure if they just take awhile to process them?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BofA PC

From what i understand of Boa Pc's, they can take weeks to complete but i may be wrongSmiley Wink.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
From what i understand of Boa Pc's, they can take weeks to complete but i may be wrongSmiley Wink.

Thank you 

Message 3 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I did a PC from Platinum Plus to Travel Rewards about a year and a half ago. Took about a week or so to show online and almost a month to get the new card.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
I did a PC from Platinum Plus to Travel Rewards about a year and a half ago. Took about a week or so to show online and almost a month to get the new card.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up.  

Message 5 of 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I agree with K
BOA is in no hurry to do anything at all, ever, or so it seems
But, they are still a great bank
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's going to take a while. About a month, I just had a PC successfuly done very recently and I can vouch for all the threads and posts about how long it takes, it's true! lol. 

They technically have to approve your PC, mine took about a week then I got an email of the successful completetion. My old card program was still showing on my online account for about another 3 weeks after that, then it finally changed and on my online account and my new card shipped few days after that. So it's perfectly normal for it to be about a month wait for everything to be finalized.

Another thing that's known, is if you call in and talk to a CSR about a PC you're going to get mixed answers. My first attempt or two was someone who swore up and down that theres no such thing as PCing cards withing BOA blah blah. Of course after reading these fourms you know the drill which is call back to talk to another rep. Just like you I got someone who was new and never did a PC before but she put me on hold and got help from her supervisor  to fill it out for me and read me the terms, etc. She did it well and double chcked everytihing for accuracy (that itll be the same account, no hard hit, etc. ). In fact her being new probably was better  since she wasnt seasoned to say NO and was very careful with making sure there wasnt going to be any issues or misunderstanding in the process and eerything transfers over correctly,

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.