Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Platinum Plus upgrade to Cash Rewards

tag
afjock21
Valued Member

BofA Platinum Plus upgrade to Cash Rewards

Any negatives?? Just got the offer... Seems like a no brainer, seems like... just want to check with THE BEST MESSAGE BOARD EVER! first

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

Re: BofA Platinum Plus upgrade to Cash Rewards

Its pretty easy to do.  I changed from a World MasterCard to a Cash Rewards card in a simple phone call.

Message 2 of 10
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

What's the difference between a platinum plus and cash rewards?

I ask bc my BofA says platinum plus cash rewards.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 3 of 10
afjock21
Valued Member

@2011beginnings wrote:
What's the difference between a platinum plus and cash rewards?

I ask bc my BofA says platinum plus cash rewards.

oh wow haha... well my platinum plus is white and doesn't do anything except charge me interest for using it....

this cash rewards " bank americard " looks to help me out but only slightly with a 3-2-1 cashback bonus gas/groceries/everywhere respectively

which only will see "everywhere" use as my BCP offers 6 percent grocery and 3 percent gas LOL

Message 4 of 10
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

I had an all white BankAmericard when I first got it and then requested a replacement and it was the 1-2-3 cash rewards like on the commercials that's gray and red with cash rewards on it.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 5 of 10

I upgraded the same card over to the bankamericard travel rewards, and no there is no negatives. I don't think you're eligible for the sign up bonus though, that may be the only thing, but I'm not completely sure

22 year old college student
Current Cards:
AMEX BCE 5.8k, AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX Costco TrueEarnings 2k, BOFA Bankamericard Travel Rewards 4.5k, Discover IT 2.5k, Chase Freedom 4.1k, Kay 4.5k
Message 6 of 10
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

That is right, bonus for new apps only...

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm kinda curious why anyone would app for the regular platinum plus and not a rewards card right out of the gate... is it harder?  I have the regular platinum plus and I can't seem to remember why!  

Message 8 of 10
ottergo4
Contributor

When I got my BOA platinum plus in 2008 I don,t think they had the 1-2-3 cash rewards much less for a secured card. It unsecured at around 9-10 months with a $500 cli. Believe it was 2011 I had them add the world points to it. 3 months ago I PC'd to the 1-2-3 ( 2 minute phone call, but took about 4 weeks to get card). My card says Bank Americard Cash Rewards but my online page say Plat. Plus Cash Rewards.  A heads up if switching from World Points, use them up and wait for them to clear their system as they don't transfer to the cash rewards.

Message 9 of 10
DONx88
Established Member

I didn't want to make another thread so I am reviving this. I am planning to do the same as the OP. I know the current BOA cash rewards 123 is a visa signature card but Is there a BOA "platinum plus" (non visa sig) cash rewards 123 card?

Amex Blue Cash Everyday 07/01 | Amex Starwood Preferred Guest Business 04/17 | BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig 06/07 | Chase Freedom Visa Sig 12/13 | Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Sig 07/13 | Chase Ink Business Cash Visa Sig 05/16 | Chase Ink Business Preferred Visa Sig 09/17 | Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Inf 02/17 | Discover It 01/14 | IHG Rewards Club Select World MC 12/14
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.