Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Pre qualify

tag
stefanc
Regular Contributor

BofA Pre qualify

I just got a BofA Pre-qual in the mail for a Plat plus MasterCard

I was wondering how many people have been approved - or declined from BofA responding to one of these offers.

Don't want to waste and inquiry if alot of people seem to get turned down. I never get anything but secured on the online pre-qual site.

TIA
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Pre qualify

Have you already tried the BofA pre-qualify site? If not most definitely try. 
Message 2 of 12
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Have you already tried the BofA pre-qualify site? If not most definitely try.

Yup, online I always get no offers just the secured card. That is part of the reason I am on the fence about accepting the mailed offer.

My scores are all in the high 600's and low 700's. So I'd assume from score alone I'm good. But I have a baddie (last remaining one!) from 2005 that seems to get re-aged every few months.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

o...well if you call them and do application over the phone, they are usually pretty cool about baddies, its only one...they will ask you about it...but I think you should be fine....high 600's low 700's...I think when I applie I was at the mid 600's and I only got approved for a 1000...I think I am going to call and ask for a increase today so I can pay for summer school...but I personally think that your scores alone are high enough....I am sure other ppl on here will give you the ok as well when they wake up!!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 12
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
o...well if you call them and do application over the phone, they are usually pretty cool about baddies, its only one...they will ask you about it...but I think you should be fine....high 600's low 700's...I think when I applie I was at the mid 600's and I only got approved for a 1000...I think I am going to call and ask for a increase today so I can pay for summer school...but I personally think that your scores alone are high enough....I am sure other ppl on here will give you the ok as well when they wake up!!! Smiley Very Happy

Oh - Yea - Telephone...

I think I have one of those Smiley Happy

I might hang out for some more feedback and then give them a call.

Thanks
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am am almost 100 percent you will get it wiht scores in the high 600's and low 700's...I am sure others will push u over that hill and get you rolling!!!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had been getting those in the mail as well.  I talked on-line to a BofA rep. and they said the pre-approval mailing and on-line do not always reflect the same thing.  I have always been offered secure only on-line.

So, after talking to the rep., I try on-line one more time and presto I am pre-approved on-line.  I submit my application and get the 30 day wait message.  I follow up by phone the next day and walk through my baddies and I am approved.  I just did this last week and got my new card yesterday. 

My scores were in line with yours.  I would say to try on-line one more time and see if anything pops up for you.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for a BofA AMEX accelerated rewards a little over a week ago and my scores are 645 across the board.  I used the preapproved offers link. Originally received the 30 day message response. Called to check status and was advised denied due to late pays/ delinquent accounts. Was able to get reconn for $1000. Your scores and history are better than mine, so you should have no problem.
Message 8 of 12
Tg123
Regular Contributor

Can someone post the link for the pre-qualify site?
Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Message 9 of 12
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Tg123 wrote:
Can someone post the link for the pre-qualify site?

No more link. If you want a pre-qual site, Discover, Cap One, and of course, AMEX.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.