Regular Contributor
stefanc

BofA Pre qualify

I just got a BofA Pre-qual in the mail for a Plat plus MasterCard

I was wondering how many people have been approved - or declined from BofA responding to one of these offers.

Don't want to waste and inquiry if alot of people seem to get turned down. I never get anything but secured on the online pre-qual site.

TIA
Contributor
betamunupe

Re: BofA Pre qualify

Have you already tried the BofA pre-qualify site? If not most definitely try. 
Having credit is important if not more important than having cash!!!
Regular Contributor
stefanc

betamunupe wrote:
Have you already tried the BofA pre-qualify site? If not most definitely try.

Yup, online I always get no offers just the secured card. That is part of the reason I am on the fence about accepting the mailed offer.

My scores are all in the high 600's and low 700's. So I'd assume from score alone I'm good. But I have a baddie (last remaining one!) from 2005 that seems to get re-aged every few months.
Contributor
betamunupe

o...well if you call them and do application over the phone, they are usually pretty cool about baddies, its only one...they will ask you about it...but I think you should be fine....high 600's low 700's...I think when I applie I was at the mid 600's and I only got approved for a 1000...I think I am going to call and ask for a increase today so I can pay for summer school...but I personally think that your scores alone are high enough....I am sure other ppl on here will give you the ok as well when they wake up!!! :smileyvery-happy:
Regular Contributor
stefanc

betamunupe wrote:
o...well if you call them and do application over the phone, they are usually pretty cool about baddies, its only one...they will ask you about it...but I think you should be fine....high 600's low 700's...I think when I applie I was at the mid 600's and I only got approved for a 1000...I think I am going to call and ask for a increase today so I can pay for summer school...but I personally think that your scores alone are high enough....I am sure other ppl on here will give you the ok as well when they wake up!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Oh - Yea - Telephone...

I think I have one of those :smileyhappy:

I might hang out for some more feedback and then give them a call.

Thanks
Contributor
betamunupe

I am am almost 100 percent you will get it wiht scores in the high 600's and low 700's...I am sure others will push u over that hill and get you rolling!!!
New Contributor
mogo

I had been getting those in the mail as well.  I talked on-line to a BofA rep. and they said the pre-approval mailing and on-line do not always reflect the same thing.  I have always been offered secure only on-line.

So, after talking to the rep., I try on-line one more time and presto I am pre-approved on-line.  I submit my application and get the 30 day wait message.  I follow up by phone the next day and walk through my baddies and I am approved.  I just did this last week and got my new card yesterday. 

My scores were in line with yours.  I would say to try on-line one more time and see if anything pops up for you.
Established Contributor
PurpleHaze

I was approved for a BofA AMEX accelerated rewards a little over a week ago and my scores are 645 across the board.  I used the preapproved offers link. Originally received the 30 day message response. Called to check status and was advised denied due to late pays/ delinquent accounts. Was able to get reconn for $1000. Your scores and history are better than mine, so you should have no problem.

Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Tg123

Can someone post the link for the pre-qualify site?
Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Valued Contributor
MrShush

Tg123 wrote:
Can someone post the link for the pre-qualify site?

No more link. If you want a pre-qual site, Discover, Cap One, and of course, AMEX.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}