Reply
New Contributor
in0wh3r3ul1v3
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎08-15-2011

BofA Product Change FAIL

I've been a card holder with BofA since 2008. Never missed a payment or been late, never gone over my limit, never given a CLI... for 3 YEARS.

 

My APR has been 16.24% since I opened the damn card, with a $1500 limit. In April they had the nerve to impose an AF of $59. They topped that off with the sardonic explanation of the fee: "You can choose to not pay the AF, but we will close your account and expect payment as normal."

 

I sat quietly until last week, when I asked for a CLI to $2500. After over 3 years, I was given a CLI.

 

I had the idea to do a PC to get rid of the AF. SOOO, I inquired with an BofA credit analyst. However, I was told that everything would stay the same. I expressed my immense disdain for their treatment of their customers.

 

I went through with the PC from the Humane Society Visa to the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa for now.. to reap the benefits of the cash back until the AF hits in April. In April however, I'll have to REALLY consider a new/better cashback card with no AF.

Macy's Red Star Rewards - $1900 (1/2010)
AMEX Green - NPSL (8/2011)
Amazon Rewards Visa - $1200 (11/2011)
Senior Contributor
drkaje
Posts: 3,482
Registered: ‎07-25-2008

Re: BofA Product Change FAIL

Maybe you'll have better luck with Chase Freedom or another cash back card.


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX ? FICO, EQ 708 FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
in0wh3r3ul1v3
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎08-15-2011

Re: BofA Product Change FAIL

I had every intention to apply for that card, but wanted a Visa with BofA because I have my DDA & interest accounts with them.

 

my most common purchases are dining & entertainment, clothing & shoes and gas. my new ZYNC will be my main card, but in the event that i need revolving credit or my AMEX is not accepted, I'd like to have a decent backup still works for me.

Macy's Red Star Rewards - $1900 (1/2010)
AMEX Green - NPSL (8/2011)
Amazon Rewards Visa - $1200 (11/2011)
Senior Contributor
drkaje
Posts: 3,482
Registered: ‎07-25-2008

Re: BofA Product Change FAIL


in0wh3r3ul1v3 wrote:

I had every intention to apply for that card, but wanted a Visa with BofA because I have my DDA & interest accounts with them.

 

my most common purchases are dining & entertainment, clothing & shoes and gas. my new ZYNC will be my main card, but in the event that i need revolving credit or my AMEX is not accepted, I'd like to have a decent backup still works for me.


BoA's credit cards are managed by FIA. In a way, you must consider them separate entities and expect no loyalty due to having other accounts with them.

 

I've had BoA checking for years... Excellent service and online account but a CC managed by FIA is out of the question. I just can't see doing business with a company that so rarely allows its customers to recover from mistakes through simple goodwill. IMO, that says more about BoA than any credit card terms/deals they may offer. Also, I really haven't seen a product they've offered that couldn't be beaten or matched with a more generous company.


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX ? FICO, EQ 708 FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
KIPPIE12
Posts: 619
Registered: ‎05-09-2009

Re: BofA Product Change FAIL

Are they going to still impose the annual fee even if you pc to a different no af card?  Did you ask them why?  I would call  and speak to another analyst, or perhaps a supervisor first before closing.  Explain how you've been loyal to them, etc., and am contemplating closing it and going with another issuer.  If they really want to retain your cardmembership, they will waive the AF.  If not, then cya BOA

Current Score: EQ: 781 TU: 798 EX: 802 (Fico) 8/13
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally


Citi TY Premier 36k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Sams Discover 10k|Chase IHG Select Visa 26k|Macys 5k

Super Contributor
concorduser
Posts: 6,025
Registered: ‎09-18-2007

Re: BofA Product Change FAIL

I tried to do PC for my BOA card to Sandals Visa Card but they said they do not PC. I am bit disappointed.

New Contributor
in0wh3r3ul1v3
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎08-15-2011

Re: BofA Product Change FAIL


KIPPIE12 wrote:

Are they going to still impose the annual fee even if you pc to a different no af card?  Did you ask them why?  I would call  and speak to another analyst, or perhaps a supervisor first before closing.  Explain how you've been loyal to them, etc., and am contemplating closing it and going with another issuer.  If they really want to retain your cardmembership, they will waive the AF.  If not, then cya BOA



"Sydnee" said that since I'm not applying for a new card, my TL, APR and annual fee would remain. I would have to apply for a new card to have no AF.

 

I'm just thoroughly unhappy with BofA. Or FIA? They are my second oldest account, and my lowest TL by far. Even my Macy's store card has a higher limit. I don't know what it is, but I've know I've had more than $2500 on it at one time.

Macy's Red Star Rewards - $1900 (1/2010)
AMEX Green - NPSL (8/2011)
Amazon Rewards Visa - $1200 (11/2011)
Regular Contributor
flyingmd
Posts: 219
Registered: ‎06-17-2011

Re: BofA Product Change FAIL

Ive recently done a PC with Boa from Power Rewards VISA to accelrated rewards AMEX  but when I first called I was told no. This board has lots of notes about people calling back even the same day and being told something different by another CSR. I called a few days later and got a different rep and this time the answer was yes. Go figure! So it would pay to call again (and agina) a few times and see if you get a rep willing to make the change. Can even try the backdoor number.

Member
CreditCFunatic
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎07-19-2011

Re: BofA Product Change FAIL

We have the same problem! In April BoA gave me a $59 AF and i tried to do a Product change and they just do not remove it! Kill me now! :'(


in0wh3r3ul1v3 wrote:

I've been a card holder with BofA since 2008. Never missed a payment or been late, never gone over my limit, never given a CLI... for 3 YEARS.

 

My APR has been 16.24% since I opened the damn card, with a $1500 limit. In April they had the nerve to impose an AF of $59. They topped that off with the sardonic explanation of the fee: "You can choose to not pay the AF, but we will close your account and expect payment as normal."

 

I sat quietly until last week, when I asked for a CLI to $2500. After over 3 years, I was given a CLI.

 

I had the idea to do a PC to get rid of the AF. SOOO, I inquired with an BofA credit analyst. However, I was told that everything would stay the same. I expressed my immense disdain for their treatment of their customers.

 

I went through with the PC from the Humane Society Visa to the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa for now.. to reap the benefits of the cash back until the AF hits in April. In April however, I'll have to REALLY consider a new/better cashback card with no AF.


 

Contributor
johnnie198x
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎04-28-2009

Re: BofA Product Change FAIL


CreditCFunatic wrote:

We have the same problem! In April BoA gave me a $59 AF and i tried to do a Product change and they just do not remove it! Kill me now! :'(


in0wh3r3ul1v3 wrote:

I've been a card holder with BofA since 2008. Never missed a payment or been late, never gone over my limit, never given a CLI... for 3 YEARS.

 

My APR has been 16.24% since I opened the damn card, with a $1500 limit. In April they had the nerve to impose an AF of $59. They topped that off with the sardonic explanation of the fee: "You can choose to not pay the AF, but we will close your account and expect payment as normal."

 

I sat quietly until last week, when I asked for a CLI to $2500. After over 3 years, I was given a CLI.

 

I had the idea to do a PC to get rid of the AF. SOOO, I inquired with an BofA credit analyst. However, I was told that everything would stay the same. I expressed my immense disdain for their treatment of their customers.

 

I went through with the PC from the Humane Society Visa to the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa for now.. to reap the benefits of the cash back until the AF hits in April. In April however, I'll have to REALLY consider a new/better cashback card with no AF.


 


Got to this thread when I was looking for something else. I'll tell you and the OP how I got rid of the AF.

I got a secured credit card with BofA since 2007 and it has $29 AF. A year after, the card graduated but the AF remains. Every single year until 2011, I tried to call to waive the AF. I would say something like "I was wondering if you could waive the AF," the answer was always no. Few months ago, I called in and said "I have 5 other credit cards with no AF, this one does, so I want to cancel" Without hesitation, they said "We'll waive the AF from now on"

My advice is to get a Chase Freedom, and call to cancel. They'll probably waive the AF.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+