Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Product Change Question

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

BofA Product Change Question

Eight years ago I had a prepaid Visa with BofA. I graduated to unsecured six months later and since then, I've had a gold card (incidentally, it's a very ugly card). I'd like to do a PC to the 1-2-3 card, but I'm not sure on one thing:

Is a BofA PC from gold card to 1-2-3 a soft or hard pull?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Product Change Question

Pc is no pull for bofa unless product is higher credit standard.  I think you are okay so call bofa and ask.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 8
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I called today - a Sunday - and of course, no answers. Well, not definitive answers.

The rep did say that she could put in a "request for an upgrade" and that would take 2-4 weeks to be "converted."

When I asked if it's a hrad or soft pulls, she told me to call tomorrow and speak to a credit analyst.

I opted out of pursuing the PC until I can find out what kind of pull it is. 

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 3 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Best source would be totalk to bofa credit analyst.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 8
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

I pc'ed yesterday from an old student card to the their new no af travel card. No hard pull. There's a backdoor number in the sticky to speak to a credit analyst

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 5 of 8
OneDay800
Valued Member

I did a request today through online Chat and was granted a product increase from a platinum plus to the 1 2 3 cash rewards.  She first said she needed to put through the request and I would hear back..I told her that I thought this process was immediate and no hard pull.  She came back and confirmed no hard pull and card would be converted within 2-3 weeks and I will receive my new card in the mail.  She also stated that it will be new account numbers.

I would initiate a chat session and see where it gets you!

Message 6 of 8
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

All it took is a phone call to do a PC from this ugly Preimum Gold card to the Bank Americard Cash Rewards  (1-2-3) card. 

Yes, it'll arrive in 2-4 weeks.

I also asked about when I'll be reviewed again for a CLI and the rep told me that it's not a practice they do anymore, since the 2009 credit law changes. Apparently, if I want more credit, I have to request a hard pull for their review. 

*edited for grammar

Message 7 of 8
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I called and asked if they'd expedite the card and they actually offered to deliver it in 72 hours!

And yes, I did do the hard pull for the CLI. I requested $2000 and was approved. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.