Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Removing Authorized Users

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

BofA Removing Authorized Users

My noble experiment is ovah. After a few months of reasonable usage my 2 daughters have gone nutz running up my card. I think the ex has encouraged them using the card in lieu of sending support money their way. Neither here nor there. Question is since they are both out of state and I have no way to take physical possession of the cards can I ask BofA to change the account number on my account WITHOUT running the risk of adding a new account to my reports? If they can't guarantee no new account I would just as soon close the account. Any feedback? TIA.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
beeaboutmoney

Re: BofA Removing Authorized Users

Your best bet is to call them and see about having them removed. 
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I agree. They'll remove them while you're on the phone. When I was done baby-sitting DD#2's BofA, I called and asked to be removed, and they said OK, you're off. I tested it by trying to log in to the card, and I could no longer get it.

It will come off their reports (If they care) next statement date.

Sorry they couldn't be responsible. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I agree. They'll remove them while you're on the phone. When I was done baby-sitting DD#2's BofA, I called and asked to be removed, and they said OK, you're off. I tested it by trying to log in to the card, and I could no longer get it.

It will come off their reports (If they care) next statement date.

Sorry they couldn't be responsible. Smiley Sad

I called first thing this morning and had them removed. I was more concerned with future purchases down the road which could be made online. I learned something new today. Each card has a different CVV number on the back of the card. Unfortunately their mother uses cards like cash. I am a bit disappointed it worked out this way. Oh well.

Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

smallfry wrote:

I called first thing this morning and had them removed. I was more concerned with future purchases down the road which could be made online. I learned something new today. Each card has a different CVV number on the back of the card. Unfortunately their mother uses cards like cash. I am a bit disappointed it worked out this way. Oh well.

It takes kids a while to grow away from influences, especially when they're under the same roof.

Losing their access to your cards might give them reason to pause and consider the advice and role modeling that they're receiving.

DD#2 is headed over in an hour to thrash out the concept of how to live on a budget. Money slides through her hands like silk. Smiley Sad But she's trying.

Two steps forward, one step back, then another two steps forward...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I would have them change the account number just to be on the safe side.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.