Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Rewards Secured offer Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Rewards Secured offer Question

Hi All,

My friend applied for the unsecured rewards card from Bofa and was instantly denied online, but they offered her the same rewards card fully secured right then.

So of course, I got excited and thought ok I'll apply for that one too and see if they offer me the secured version...

But instead of giving me a denial and counteroffer,  I got the screen that says they cannot give me an  answer at this time. Smiley Sad

So now I am wondering if I am ever even going to get the offer for the secured version or if I'll just get the standard denial in the mail and that's it.

Has anyone received a denial with counteroffer in the mail after this kind of message??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ccnewb23
Contributor

Re: BofA Rewards Secured offer Question

I'm sure a bunch of people are going to say this but call the backdoor number.

AmEx Green NPSL | Barclays Rewards MC $4,200 | BofA 1-2-3 Visa $1,500 | Phillips Conoco 76 Gas Card $600 | AmEx BCE $25k | Discover IT $1,000
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update

When I got the denial letter, there was no counter offer. ( ex fico 559 ) So I called and was trying to recon into the secured version of the card. They said I have to go back and apply for the regular secured card, and if approved call back to have rewards added to it.

So I applied and was approved for the reg secured and when that finally showed up in the mail, i called to have the rewards added to it. Then they say they have to close this card and open a new one with a different account number and will take about 4 weeks to get here.

I'm still waiting on that one, and now I'm wondering what it will look like on my CR.

Hopefully it won't show a new account open for a month and then closed!

Time will tell

Message 3 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

sounds to me that you've used 3 hp's and only had a tradeline open for a matter of days then closed now your gonna get the secured card with rewards. what rewards? the 123 rewards?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 4 of 6
2NE1
Established Contributor

I was just about to type the same thing @rootpooty! haha, that's a lot of inquiries for one TL.
Message 5 of 6
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

My experience has been the PC will not be a new TL nor will it be another HP. So I would guess two HP's and one TL.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.