Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

BofA Secure Credit Card CLI Request is it a HP?

So I opened the card with 500 I thought it would be enough but because of the Cash Back I am spending nearly 1500 dollars a month on the card already I am PIF before the statement cuts and paying multiple times through out the month. 

Today I decide to increase the limit to 700 (why 700 and not 1000 I don;t want to go to crazy) using funds from my savings account to fund the increase. 

I could not find the link to increase the limit in the information tab (I seen it before but when the card was changed to Cash Rewards it disappeared)

So I use the online chat, and request the increase. They ask me my annual salary, how much I pay rent my employer etc. Are they going to do a HP? I didn't bother to ask and now I am worried. He said it will take 5 to 7 days to process the request and if approved the funds would be deducted. U haven;t received any alerts from Identity Guard yet saying I have had my credit checked but I am just wondering if this is going to be a HP or a SP. 

Thanks,  

Established Contributor

Re: BofA Secure Credit Card CLI Request is it a HP?

Bank of america is HP

NPSL...................$15,300................$12,500................$7500..................$6000...................$5000..................$5000..................

22 Year old college student. FICO 751 TU 757. Been building credit since age 17. Last APP 12/15/14

Community Leader
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes hp. How long have you had the card? If at least 5, 6 months I would have used that hp to unsecure with a cli potentially pretty high instead of a $200 increase.

New Contributor

I should have done my reserach first, but I was getting annoyed by the constant paying it off. 

Community Leader
Super Contributor

I totally understand. How long have you had it?
New Contributor

2 months Smiley Sad 

Valued Contributor

I made the mistake to open the secured card with only $500 (hp), then asked to deposit $500 more and it was another (hp). I can see the 'Request a credit line increase' online. I only have 3 statements and the next closes by the end of the month.

I was thinking to deposit 3x for another HP, but some people here say that is not worth it, when my card unsecure I should get a CLI.

BofA Cash Travel Rewards secured, Discover IT, Amex PRG, JCrew, Chase Freedom, Amex ED, Capital One Venture, Chase AARP
New Contributor

Yeah, had I known it was a HP (I should have asked you guys first) I would of not requested it and just waited it out. Oh well you iive you learn. I hope they use the HP they did on me 2 weeks ago when I opened my bank account. 

Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hang in there folks. It is well worth it. I went from $300 secured December to $10k unsecured now.
New Contributor

Maybe they will make it worth the HP now and give me a 9,500 CLI and my 500 dollars back Smiley Happy I can dream 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.