cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secure Credit Card CLI Request is it a HP?

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Secure Credit Card CLI Request is it a HP?

@Chaselover wrote:

Do you have any cash back for a secured card from BOA? I also have a BOA secured but is in the sock drawer, used only for 5$ a month for getting the low balance on statements. If there is any kind of cash back, I would be interested to start using it. Currently, I am using only Freedom for the cash back. 

Just go to BoA online, do a secure chat and ask to change your regular secured card to a cash rewards. I did this and they changed the card and got a new card in less than 4 weeks. That's why we say that BoA secured card is the best (when we have the 321 cash rewards), without the rewards is just 'better than others' because it can graduate.

Pros:

- it graduates

- reports to all 3 CB

- can have cash rewards

- 10% extra cash back if you have a BoA checking/savings account and deposit the cashback to the account

Cons:

- AF $39

- report as 'secured card'

- HP for extra deposits to increase limit

Message 21 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

A lot of people have had success getting AF permanently waived thru analyst or EO Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 32
newhis
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

A lot of people have had success getting AF permanently waived thru analyst or EO Smiley Wink

After graduation, right?

Message 23 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

After graduation, right?

Yes that is correct!

Message 24 of 32
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

Do you have any cash back for a secured card from BOA? I also have a BOA secured but is in the sock drawer, used only for 5$ a month for getting the low balance on statements. If there is any kind of cash back, I would be interested to start using it. Currently, I am using only Freedom for the cash back. 

Just go to BoA online, do a secure chat and ask to change your regular secured card to a cash rewards. I did this and they changed the card and got a new card in less than 4 weeks. That's why we say that BoA secured card is the best (when we have the 321 cash rewards), without the rewards is just 'better than others' because it can graduate.

Pros:

- it graduates

- reports to all 3 CB

- can have cash rewards

- 10% extra cash back if you have a BoA checking/savings account and deposit the cashback to the account

Cons:

- AF $39

- report as 'secured card'

- HP for extra deposits to increase limit

Is this cash rewards secured card listed on their website or is it just an option that you get if you go to the bank or go for an online chat ? Anyway Im planning to SM with them .

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 25 of 32
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Hang in there folks. It is well worth it. I went from $300 secured December to $10k unsecured now.

My feelings exactly Baller!

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 26 of 32
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Mike11208 wrote:

Maybe they will make it worth the HP now and give me a 9,500 CLI and my 500 dollars back Smiley Happy I can dream 

More likely after 1 year of hard usage and a  positive status. At least, that was my experience. And the HP was TU.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 27 of 32
slicemans
Regular Contributor

I just chat with costumer service, he just converted my card to 123 rewards. My new card should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Message 28 of 32
slicemans
Regular Contributor

When they convert to 123 rewards, is it HP?

Message 29 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

Nope. No pull needed

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.