Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secured Card Unsecured.

tag
datrucking210
Established Contributor

BofA Secured Card Unsecured.

Hello everyone while I was out of town I received a letter in the mail from BofA informing me that my secured card had unsecured. I opened it back in January and put little used the first month on it and had been sock drawred for a couple months. really surprised me that in 7 months it unsecured. The bad part still stuck at $500 but on the plus side I'll get my $99.

On that note should I expect the check on the email and how long does it take to get it. I was gone since the 12th of July and the letter was dated the 14th and did mention that within 14 days I should get my deposit. I got back home this past wednesday and I was going through the old mail and saw this letter but no security deposit. It'obviously past the 14 days so getting kind of worried.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Secured Card Unsecured.

@datrucking210 wrote:

Hello everyone while I was out of town I received a letter in the mail from BofA informing me that my secured card had unsecured. I opened it back in January and put little used the first month on it and had been sock drawred for a couple months. really surprised me that in 7 months it unsecured. The bad part still stuck at $500 but on the plus side I'll get my $99.

On that note should I expect the check on the email and how long does it take to get it. I was gone since the 12th of July and the letter was dated the 14th and did mention that within 14 days I should get my deposit. I got back home this past wednesday and I was going through the old mail and saw this letter but no security deposit. It'obviously past the 14 days so getting kind of worried.

If you have a Bank of America checking account, why wouldn't they just transfer the money there instead of sending you a check?

Or do you bank with someone else and just have the credit card through them?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your card unsecuring. If you're concerned about your refund, call CS. Enjoy your new card!

Message 3 of 9
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@datrucking210 wrote:

If you have a Bank of America checking account, why wouldn't they just transfer the money there instead of sending you a check?

Or do you bank with someone else and just have the credit card through them?

I have a checking account with them, $100 bonus offer which I'm also waiting for that bonus to post, the security deposit hasn't posted to my account either. I would think that would be the most convenient option but not sure if they do that.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pay you back the way you paid them. If you paid the deposit from the checking it should go back to the same checking. If you paid cash, than wait for the check in the mail.If you paid some other form, transfer, it will be a check too. I paid it from my checking with them, and it showed up after a couple of days after I did a HP CLI for a $1000. Back then I did not know that I should have requested a lot more and see what they counter offer...
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  How do you keep up with all those cards?

Message 6 of 9
wmweeza
Established Contributor

When I started out with this card they refunded my deposit by putting it in my account, there was no check involved. Watch your deposits in your account, I bet it'll be there (maybe it already arrived and you didn't see it even).

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 7 of 9
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Well it turns out there was another stack of mail that my dear sister forgot to tell me about and there it was, the $99 check from BofA.

AU:
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@datrucking210 wrote:

Well it turns out there was another stack of mail that my dear sister forgot to tell me about and there it was, the $99 check from BofA.

Great!! Did you try for a CLI? It's going to be HP. My BoA secured card became unsecured after a year. I did not know I could request a CLI so I kept the measly $400 CL for two years..... until I started reading this forum. I requested a CLI  and was given a CL of $5k. I was also able to get this card PC'd to the BoA Cash Rewards card. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.