Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secured Possible after CO?

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

BofA Secured Possible after CO?

I have a BofA charge off from 2008 on one of their credit cards. They've since sold the account. I've had a checking and savings acct with them for several years and am wondering if attempting to apply for their secured product will be a total waste of time. Any one know if they ever give 2nd chances?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA Secured Possible after CO?

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I have a BofA charge off from 2008 on one of their credit cards. They've since sold the account. I've had a checking and savings acct with them for several years and am wondering if attempting to apply for their secured product will be a total waste of time. Any one know if they ever give 2nd chances?

AFAIK, they can give some individuals a 2nd chance.  It just depends whether their internal database detects your prior history on the old account and also the CO amount.  As with most lenders, just because they sell the bad debt to outside CAs, it's still technically on their internal records for tracking purposes.  The only way to know for sure is when you apply.

Message 2 of 4
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thanks for the advice!

Message 3 of 4
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

YMMV, but here a link to a posting on BOA secured card approval criteria:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Bank-Of-America-Secured-Card-Requirements/td-...

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.