Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secured approved on Recon

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

BofA Secured approved on Recon

Obviously, getting approved for a secured card usually isn't that exciting.  In this case though, I'm pretty happy.  I've actually app'd for the BofA secured card twice in the past 6 months, and was turned down both times.  I'm guessing I was on their blacklist for a couple of chargeoffs settled about 20 months ago (one BofA card, one MBNA card they took over).

I submitted by application for the fully secured card about 10 days ago, was denied, tried calling for recon in and was told they couldn't do anything until I received the letter.  I got the letter over the weekend and called in this morning.  The CSR was friendly but didn't offer to help initially.  I chatted with her for a minute and convinced her to take another look without a HP, and she was able to get it approved.

I've actually had some very exciting approvals recently, but this secured card helps me achieve one of my CC goals of restablishing a relationship with BofA.  Also, I've been gardening since 1/14 (wow almost a week! seems like months Smiley LOL) so just another small step and now for a good dose of patience.  I'm going to close off the Cap1 secured line I've had for a while now and tend to this secured line with hopes than in 12 months BofA will view me as a normal person again. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Secured approved on Recon

Opps, I posted this in the wrong forum.  I'm going to repost in the approvals forum.

Sorry.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.