Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secured

tag
ccnewb23
Contributor

BofA Secured

I have had a BofA Secured Visa for about 6-7 months. Last month I got a Barclays rewards mastercard and this month I got an AmEx Green.

The secured visa card from bofa has a 300 limit on it so I pretty much never use it. I charge a few bucks on it and pay it off before the statement cuts just to get some activity on the card.

My question is, should I call BofA to see if this card could graduate? is it too soon to ask before the 1 year mark?

Also, when i request this... will it be a HP or SP?

AmEx Green NPSL | Barclays Rewards MC $4,200 | BofA 1-2-3 Visa $1,500 | Phillips Conoco 76 Gas Card $600 | AmEx BCE $25k | Discover IT $1,000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
arredondo3417
Valued Member

Re: BofA Secured

You should call them and ask them to upgrade I have a bank of America with 2100. but before that I had te secured card for 400 then after 7 months I call and switch it to the. Visa rewards and that's the credit line that they approve for me Smiley Happy. Call them and good luck
Seedling:
Message 2 of 12
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@ccnewb23 wrote:

I have had a BofA Secured Visa for about 6-7 months. Last month I got a Barclays rewards mastercard and this month I got an AmEx Green.

The secured visa card from bofa has a 300 limit on it so I pretty much never use it. I charge a few bucks on it and pay it off before the statement cuts just to get some activity on the card.

My question is, should I call BofA to see if this card could graduate? is it too soon to ask before the 1 year mark?

You should have you BOA credit card changed to a point system or the 123 cash back, I did and I love mine.

Message 3 of 12
ccnewb23
Contributor

Awesome, I guess I'll give them a call and hope for the best.

What's the best BD number I should call?

Thanks in advance.

AmEx Green NPSL | Barclays Rewards MC $4,200 | BofA 1-2-3 Visa $1,500 | Phillips Conoco 76 Gas Card $600 | AmEx BCE $25k | Discover IT $1,000
Message 4 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ccnewb23 wrote:

You can always try, but there more than likely going to want to see a year. Although some members here have said they were successful at 9 months.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 12
arredondo3417
Valued Member

Go to the credit cards page in the forums then in the first forum conversations click on Blackdoor numbers you should see it there. Good luck to you Smiley Happy
Seedling:
Message 6 of 12
Datx
Valued Contributor

Please let us know how it goes when you call. I called a few weeks ago to their secured card dept, and the rep told me that the process to unsecured a secured card involves a hard pull. They will review your history with the secured card, as well as your other cards. She couldnt go through the process with me, since I havent quite hit the year mark yet. Which wont be until mid June.

Message 7 of 12
ccnewb23
Contributor

@Datx wrote:

Please let us know how it goes when you call. I called a few weeks ago to their secured card dept, and the rep told me that the process to unsecured a secured card involves a hard pull. They will review your history with the secured card, as well as your other cards. She couldnt go through the process with me, since I havent quite hit the year mark yet. Which wont be until mid June.

Yep, I called it in today and they told me that it has to hit the 1 year mark for the card to be eligible to get upgraded to an unsecured card. From what I understand, the gentlemen that was helping me said they would need to pull an updated credit report so I'm assuming it's going to be a hard pull to graduate the card.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 12
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@arredondo3417 wrote:
I have a bank of America with 2100.

Are you from the future? Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.