Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Secured

PLEASE, need your input, ideas, thoughts. I was offered a secured, 300 & up, card through Boa. i read here a lot about it. If, i go for this, what limit would stand a good chance later on of becoming, at least 5k. cl. Granted, of course that it graduate from secured to non sec. i thought i read here, that your up front money usually becomes your cl. when you graduate? Any insight to this one?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Secured

Flatbroke_Again wrote:
PLEASE, need your input, ideas, thoughts. I was offered a secured, 300 & up, card through Boa. i read here a lot about it. If, i go for this, what limit would stand a good chance later on of becoming, at least 5k. cl. Granted, of course that it graduate from secured to non sec. i thought i read here, that your up front money usually becomes your cl. when you graduate? Any insight to this one?

I had my fully secured BoA at 2k unsecure yesterday, bumped to 2.5k. I wanted a product change so was given a number to call back.

I spoke with the rep about different rewards card and what I would probably like best. He asked if I would like to see about increasing my CL. He came back and asked if 5k would do. I was pretty shocked. NFCU only approved me for 2k due to my income. Atleast with BoA I was able to add in DH's, not that his is very much either.

I would go for it. He said so long as the card is handled properly to show good habit's and preferrably paying at least double the minimum was a good sign to them. I sometimes revolved a balance, but nothing over 20% of my line. Mostly PIF though.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I was at my 9th statement with them and not 12 months.
Message 3 of 4
tray
Valued Contributor

Hello, I also have a secured credit card with BOA which I opened in 9/2007 at $500 I called the secured department to see how the overall status of card graduation is, whether the bank does it manually or the cardholder has to request it, the representative told me both, he said for me the bank would be doing a manual on the 15th of this month although I am kinda worried I just dont't know what report they are going to look at my TU score as of today 675 and EX 651 with some baddies on both I also have 2 new accounts since BOA and another one not even reported yet and still a BK from year 99 on my reports due to come off next year the only good thing I do pay in full every month but I will keep this forum updated to let everybody know how it turns out so in turn my story can help someone else.  Wish me Luck .

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.