Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Travel Rewards Redemption options

tag
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

BofA Travel Rewards Redemption options

My question is if you can get cash back or statement credit anytime instead of a statement credit applied toward a travel related purchase with this card?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Re: BofA Travel Rewards Redemption options

https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/RMSapp/Ctl/link?eid=6F8F6E9D

Yes you can. I am surprised BoA doesn't advertise this card as a 1.5% cash back on ALL purchases. This would grab anyone's attention. If you bank with them,  it is 1.65% cash back on ALL purchases. No foreign transaction fees,  EMV. This should be the card to beat in the no-AF world.

Message 2 of 12
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Stiga9 wrote:
My question is if you can get cash back or statement credit anytime instead of a statement credit applied toward a travel related purchase with this card?

when you get cash back, 1 point equal less than 1 cent. So 2500 points=15$ only. Only travel relate purchases can be redeem for 1cent=1point

Message 3 of 12
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Stiga9 wrote:

when you get cash back, 1 point equal less than 1 cent. So 2500 points=15$ only. Only travel relate purchases can be redeem for 1cent=1point

Woah, really? I just chatted online with BofA. Two CSRs have told me that cash back also equals 2500 pts = $25. So have you tried a dummy redemption yourself to confirm 2500 pts = $15?

I know CSRs have known to be wrong a lot.

Message 4 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Stiga9 wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Stiga9 wrote:

Woah, really? I just chatted online with BofA. Two CSRs have told me that cash back also equals 2500 pts = $25. So have you tried a dummy redemption yourself to confirm 2500 pts = $15?

I know CSRs have known to be wrong a lot.

CSR was wrong Smiley Happy

Direct from the BOFA redemption options as a Travel Rewards card holder:

"It’s easy to set up Automatic Redemptions with your card.

Once you have linked an account to your card, you can redeem your points for a cash deposit into your designated account. When you are ready to redeem, enter the number of Points you would like to redeem in the box next to the desired account and click, "Redeem."

Cash redemptions start at 2,500 points (2,500 points = $15)."

It's really not a bad card though unless you need the EMV chip the Quicksilver admittedly is better (though traditionally it's a lot easier to build a respectable limit with BOFA than it is with Cap One, different issue), but it's not grail-like.

        
Message 5 of 12
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

Man. I knew this card was too good to be true... Its still a good card. But yes,  still many better cards out there now.

Message 6 of 12
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

If you use this card as a regular card, you will probably have travel purchases that you didn't even realize were travel purchases.  If have never NOT had a travel expense that I couldn't use all of my points toward for maximum cash back.  All sorts of places qualify as travel, including the normal planes, trains, and busses.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 12
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Stiga9 wrote:

Man. I knew this card was too good to be true... Its still a good card. But yes,  still many better cards out there now.

i know, i fell for the trick also. However, if you redeem for travel related purchases, 10k points=100$

Message 8 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveSignal wrote:

If you use this card as a regular card, you will probably have travel purchases that you didn't even realize were travel purchases.  If have never NOT had a travel expense that I couldn't use all of my points toward for maximum cash back.  All sorts of places qualify as travel, including the normal planes, trains, and busses.

I fully agree Dave, I'm pretty happy with my own especially if I do get sent to the UK which may happen next year or two if I don't dump my awkward employer.

That said, with the Quicksilver underwriting being so easily obtainable (and it is admittedly a very good card if you're not worried about CL nor customer service horror stories, and probably easier to qualify for than the BOFA card without going the secured PC route), it's hard for me to look at searching for options for this card vs. a 1.5% cash back spender.

Edit: I don't know when the Quicksilver got released but that card is just too good at it's strata in the current competitive market, and other lenders may have to move to match if C1 can get traction with higher credit profile customers on it.

        
Message 9 of 12
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Stiga9 wrote:

also Stiga, you can PC your travel reward card to Cashback, i just did lol.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.