Did you mean: 

BofA Travel Rewards vs Citi ThankYou

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Travel Rewards vs Citi ThankYou

@dxz7 wrote:

@Anam wrote:

And with the $75 annual fee version (BoA Travel Rewards Privileges) you get 2% back on anything and also an extra 10% with a BoA checking account.

Which makes it my highest earning rewards card for non category spending at 2.2%. Even my Fidelity AMEX doesn't see much use because of this.

There is also a way to get the fee waived. It's called Platinum Privileges. But you need to keep atleast 50K with them to qualify. If not for the fee waivers on both of the privileges cards I would of switched to a bank with a higher savings APR. But this keeps me with them for the time being.

I believe they have already canceled the Travel Rewards Privileges, they only have the Cash Rewards Privileges now.

btw on the other note, if you want to redeem cash from your points for the bofa travel rewards card, it is not worth it as comparing to other credit card companies. Most of the other CC's will get $100 back from 10000 points, but for bofa you need at least 1,2000 or 1,5000 points to redeem for $100 cash. I forgot the exact number of points you need. So it is best just to use your points for travel credit.

They haven't cancelled it to my knowledge, but now it's only for people who have 50k in deposits with them. If you don't, you're not eligible to apply for or PC into it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Stiga9 wrote:

Anyone know a good amount of details between these two?

Right off the bat I know BofA has the no FTFs, so i'm leaning towards that. But I don't know if Citi's Thankyou points are worth more than BofA's points or not...

Is the BoA card 1.5 pts/dollar on everything? or just only on travel catgegories? There is no redemption chart for BofA that I can find...

Without a higher tier card, TY points are generally worth, at most 1c per point.  So 10,000 points to redeem for a $100 gift card.  It looks like currently BoA is 1.5 points for everything, but the page says Important Changes Coming to Your Account and you need to login to see those!

+1. If you don't have other TY cards (Forward, Premier, Prestige), I'd say the Travel Rewards is a MUCH better card.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 17
dxz7
Established Member

@CreditScholar wrote:

@dxz7 wrote:

@Anam wrote:

And with the $75 annual fee version (BoA Travel Rewards Privileges) you get 2% back on anything and also an extra 10% with a BoA checking account.

Which makes it my highest earning rewards card for non category spending at 2.2%. Even my Fidelity AMEX doesn't see much use because of this.

There is also a way to get the fee waived. It's called Platinum Privileges. But you need to keep atleast 50K with them to qualify. If not for the fee waivers on both of the privileges cards I would of switched to a bank with a higher savings APR. But this keeps me with them for the time being.

I believe they have already canceled the Travel Rewards Privileges, they only have the Cash Rewards Privileges now.

btw on the other note, if you want to redeem cash from your points for the bofa travel rewards card, it is not worth it as comparing to other credit card companies. Most of the other CC's will get $100 back from 10000 points, but for bofa you need at least 1,2000 or 1,5000 points to redeem for $100 cash. I forgot the exact number of points you need. So it is best just to use your points for travel credit.

They haven't cancelled it to my knowledge, but now it's only for people who have 50k in deposits with them. If you don't, you're not eligible to apply for or PC into it.

Really? cause I also have 50k in deposits in my boa account and thats why i got the privileges cash rewards with no annual fee, but when i asked for the privileges travel rewards card they said it has been discounted. This is the reason why I got the CSP after.

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 13 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@dxz7 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@dxz7 wrote:

@Anam wrote:

Really? cause I also have 50k in deposits in my boa account and thats why i got the privileges cash rewards with no annual fee, but when i asked for the privileges travel rewards card they said it has been discounted. This is the reason why I got the CSP after.

They might have cancelled it recently, but if they did it was in the past year. I PCed mine last year, and they checked to see if I had 50k before they let it go through.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 14 of 17
dxz7
Established Member

@CreditScholar wrote:

@dxz7 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@dxz7 wrote:

@Anam wrote:

They might have cancelled it recently, but if they did it was in the past year. I PCed mine last year, and they checked to see if I had 50k before they let it go through.

God damn it; should've applied for it earlier last year so I wouldn't have to get the CSP and pay for the annual fee. -___-

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 15 of 17
Anam
Established Member

@dxz7 wrote:

@Anam wrote:

I only redeem it for full value as I have enough of what they consider travel expenses.

In regards to this card not being available anymore. I recently inquired about this card's availability for a friend (it was gone from the website). They then told me that it's still possible to apply for it over the phone but you must have the piority code. Which you might be able to find online, get from a banker at a branch or receive in a mailer.

Message 16 of 17
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@dxz7 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@dxz7 wrote:

@Anam wrote:

@dxz7 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@dxz7 wrote:

@Anam wrote:

That's definitely a more recent change - I PC'ed to the Privileges in May of this year from a WorldPoints Visa, and after verifying deposits, it was converted easily.  I'd definitely see about speaking with someone for the card, as earning/redeeming points with it is a very easy process.  I have yet to travel internationally with it, but the non forex fees make it a staple in my wallet if I do.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.