Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Visa to MasterCard *Updates*

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

BofA Visa to MasterCard *Updates*

I have a BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa that I called to have changed to the MasterCard version.  I just want the MasterCard so I can use it at Sams Club and a couple other places that don't accept Visa. I called on 12/11, and they said it would not be a problem, and that the new card will arrive in a couple of weeks.  I called them today because I still have not received the card yet. The person said that the product change is going smoothly, but I should wait a couple more weeks.  Has anybody else had to wait this long for a product change with BofA?

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Visa to MasterCard

yup it took 4 weeks for account name to change and about 5 weeks to receive the new card

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 8
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Thanks, glad to know I'm not the only one. 5 weeks is a ridiculous amount of time they make you wait for a simple product change.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

My PC with cap1 took a day Smiley Tongue

And everyone hates on cap1 lol Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I agree that 5 weeks is a bit long to wait and that Capone does a better job of doing this!

I am a Capone hater, but a bit less of a hater since they finally gave me a CLI, even if I did have to BBB complaint them and go through their back door number to get it done.  I want to build the limit up to a point where they have no choice but to product change me to a Prime Rewards card.  In the mean time I will garden and later try for a Chase card or other Prime rewards card with flyer miles.  My goal is to fly for free to some places and not just on my frequent flyer miles.  (I have already earned enough miles on frequent flyers miles to go to Thailand and back next winter when it is cold and snowy!  Ah warmth and Thai food!  I love Thai food!)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 8
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Just a little update here:

I called today to ask where my new card is, since I called last on 12/11. I was told by the CSR that my account reports as a secured account, and I will have to go through the secured card department to get a PC. Has anyone else had this happen. Why do they have it as secure, when it is not. Apparently I have the Student version of the BankAmericard cash rewards card.

Message 6 of 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Also had a problem with BofA on a PC.  Going from the basic BankAmericard to the Cash Rewards Signature Visa, it took 6 weeks to get the replacement card!  Their excuse was there was a computer glitch that delayed the processing of the request.   Perhaps a computer glitch is showing your card as secured when it's not? Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 8
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Update-

I call their "secured credit department" but when the phone rang it said please wait for the next available credit analyst. She connected me with someone in customer service, who then processed the PC again. I asked was she able to see the request I made back in December. She said the only request she saw was for a CLI. I also asked does my account show as a secured card. She said no, that it shows as a 123 platinum plus visa unsecured. I just hope that this time, they process this PC.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.