Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA and Chase CL increase tips?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA and Chase CL increase tips?

I am planning on requesting credit line increases on both my B of A and my Chase CC's. I will use the backdoor numbers listed on the forum, but I'm wondering if anyone else out there has any tips for me. TU 725 (pulled from mortgage app). Current limits: B of A $2500, Chase $2700. AHI $110,000. Two inquiries. No baddies.

Any input is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA and Chase CL increase tips?

I would use the love button on both. You most likely wil get a "call us" on the BoA. In both cases, if you dont get what you want with the love button then call the credit dept. While I cant prove the following, it sure seems like my experience that both those banks will look at you CR (cant say for certain whether it will be a hard or soft pull) and give you increases based on what is on you CR. In other words, both those banks seemed to match my other CC tradelines on my CR. So if you largest CC credit line for instance is 22K, you are likely to get an increase to that amount but not much more. I am curious as to others experience with this.

Message 2 of 7
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

One more thing especially with BoA. Make sure you pay down any balance to less than 10% beofre asking. Seems that one is more likely to get approved when the balance is paid off below that level. Do not ask for a CLI when you balance is up to the hilt so to speak.

Message 3 of 7
tdbss
Valued Member

Chase is big on utilization also.  I have one of those super swank looking Slate cards, no go on CLI, reasons, credit limit ratio to high on other cards,( zero balance on my Slate)and recent deliquency, I have one 30 day in januray of this year, although I have been told it has very little effect(1, 30 days).  Only baddy on my report.  Try again probably in 6 months.

10.28.09 EQ 571 TU 606
11.24.09 EQ 611 TU 566
1.3.10 EQ 653 TU 566
2.6.10 EQ670 TU598
5.4.10EQ691
9.17.10 EQ658 TU682
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your input. Here's my results: Chase increase from $2700 to $4000. B of A increase from $2500 to $5000. Since I was on a roll and I just bought a house I also called my Home Depot consumer card, increased from $2500 to $10,000!!! Smiley Surprised

The bad news is they all hit me with a hard inquiry Smiley Sad But since I got the house, and some increases, I think I'll just lay low for awhile now.

Message 5 of 7
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

nothing wrong with gardening! Especially since now you have the house. CONGRATS!!!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@flyingmd wrote:

nothing wrong with gardening! Especially since now you have the house. CONGRATS!!!!

+1

Thanks! Apparently there is nothing wrong with gardening! I forgot to mention that I had put in for a recon on my Chase card because B of A gave me a little bit more so I thought it wouldn't hurt. I went onto my online banking today and they raised it another $3000, bringing me up to $7000!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.