Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA auto cli

tag
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

BofA auto cli

Logged in this morning and saw that bofa doubled the cl on my travel rewards card...from 2k to 4k. 

BofA auto clis seem to be few and far between (based on the lack of posts about them on the forum) so I thought I would share.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Re: BofA auto cli

Awesome increase, congrats! Would you mind sharing how long you've had the card and typical usage?

Message 2 of 15
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@bluedog1 wrote:

Awesome increase, congrats! Would you mind sharing how long you've had the card and typical usage?

Thank you. I have a pretty long history with bofa and this is the first auto cli I've receieved.The card started off as a student platinum plus in 2008. 

I  pc'ed it to the travel rewards card last october. Typical usage is pretty minimal,maybe $30 a month on avarage. I use chase, amex, and discover much more heavily.

I think it might have something to do with them trying to match my discover cl, which got bumped to 4k via auto cli 2 months ago. I also bank with them so that can't hurt either. Best guess is someone did a manual review and saw much heavier usage with other lenders and tried to give me an incentive to use bofa more frequently.

I'm still wrapping up grad school and income is 12k, so this is a pretty sizeable cl for me. I was going to ask them for a cli when I start working full time in august but now I think it might let it sit at 4k for awhile. Especially since bofa automatically converts 5k+ cls to visa sigs, which bofa reports as flexible spending accounts with no cl listed. 

Some other pertinent info-

I always pif, which could be something that bofa tracks internally.

My utilization usually hovers around 2%, depending on what I let report.  AAoA is 3 years and change. I'm thinking that my fico's are slightly higher than whats in my sig because those scores are fairly old. No lates or other derogs of any kind.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 15
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations! That's definitely not something we see everyday!

A little off-topic: does your Travel Rewards card offer concierge service even when it's not a Visa Signature?

Message 4 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

nice cli. I also got all my cli automatcally but in small steps. bofa does not automatically switch to the siggy once you reach 5k limit. they called me to ask if i wanted the siggy or of I would prefer to keep the platinum plus. I decided to get one siggy and keep one plat plus which I will pc to a travel rewards next month. never asked for a cli so when I will call next month it will be my fiirst trial to see if they would consider a cli for the travel rewards card but sp only. no hp as I am gardening. curious to see what will happen Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 15
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Congratulations! That's definitely not something we see everyday!

A little off-topic: does your Travel Rewards card offer concierge service even when it's not a Visa Signature?

The card does offer concierge service. I haven't had occasion to use it yet, so I can't comment on how good the service is. 

On the plat plus version, the concierge service is directly offered by bofa rather than visa. 

I wonder if the bofa reps directly provide the concierge for the visa sig version as well, or if it switches over to the traditional visa sig concierge? Which is what I think your question is getting at.

I'm not sure of the answer but am very curious as to whether anyone knows.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Message 6 of 15
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:
nice cli. I also got all my cli automatcally but in small steps. bofa does not automatically switch to the siggy once you reach 5k limit. they called me to ask if i wanted the siggy or of I would prefer to keep the platinum plus. I decided to get one siggy and keep one plat plus which I will pc to a travel rewards next month. never asked for a cli so when I will call next month it will be my fiirst trial to see if they would consider a cli for the travel rewards card but sp only. no hp as I am gardening. curious to see what will happen Smiley Happy

Thats good to know. I would definitely prefer to have an option for the cl to continue to report when it is in excess of 5k. I don't really need the extra benefits that visa sig offers-in the interim at least- since amex provides many of the same purchase protections and extended warranties.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Message 7 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!

I really haven't seen much bofa auto luv.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 15
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 15
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

BOA rarely does auto CLI.

How do we know this isn't an early April fools joke?Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.