tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA cash rewards

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my first B of A (in decades) and tried for a CLI after getting the card. I got the 3 months (90 days) verbage in my letter. I think for SOME companies, it depends whether its your first account with them or not. For B of A it is, so I don't blame them. 

Anything before 3 months is almost always an auto decline. Unclear if the analysts can override it or not but either way probably better to wait.

Yeah, in my case I was on the phone for something else and just asked for the heck of it. I've got the 21 months 0% I can utilize in the first 60 days and asked if I could request one without a HP. She said yes, they'd use the same pull for 30 days. Worth a shot. 

Glad you didn't waste a pull then. You got lucky because typically they pull EX for account approvals, but TU for CLI (i.e. they normally won't use the same pull for a CLI).

I made her repeat it 3 times that they would not pull my credit and she responded all three times that they used the same pull for 30 days. I'm sure there was a lot of eye rolling on her part. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.