Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA credit limit ?

tag
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA credit limit ?

@markcerm wrote:

I just got approved for BofA rewards card, I called to see what my limit on card was they only started me with $500 I really wanted to use this as a daily card PIF each month but the limit is so low wont even fill my work trucks up with gas for the week lol.  Does anyone have any luck calling them and asking for a higher limit before I get the card? or should I wait 6months to ask for a CLI? also is it a hard pull for CLI?

My score was 710 TU 700 EX

thanks

When I got my BofA rewards card (in April); they initially approved me for $500. Since all my other CCs were $2k, I called the backdoor# for a recon. 

Naturally, I asked them why it was such a low limit. They explained that it was due to my short credit history (I had been building credit for a little over a year; and my other 3 CCs were at most 4 months old). 

I listened without interuption; then thanked the Rep for the information. Without even taking a breath; I promtly asked to close my account (I hadn't even activated the card yet). The Rep asked why; and I calmly and confidently informed the Rep, that it was due to the 'insultingly low' credit limit. 

I wasn't snide, or rude; just confident in my decision that if they couldn't accomidate my request, they wouldn't have my business.

The Rep then told me that I could ask for a CLI any time within 30 days of a BofA inquiry; and they'd use the same inquiry for the decision. I asked them to meet my existing credit lines ($2k). After a few questions, and a 30second hold, I was approved for what I asked for. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 11 of 12
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Re: BofA credit limit ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to barge in on the forum but I recently got a BoA card as well $300 limit (bad credit being repaired) and was told by the rep it'd be a hard pull in the future to see about a CLI... What's the "luv" button? I see and increase my limit link on my homepage. Is that the "luv" button?

That's exactly right. The "luv button" is just the nickname we use on these boards for a CLI link on your creditor's website.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.