Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA - double pull shock

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA - double pull shock

Does anyone have similar experience to mine? Below are sequence of events:

1. Logged into BofA account last week and got "exciting offer" link. Saw two card offers - better balance and Alaska Airlines 30K offer cards. Was in garden for 13 months and had frozen my EX to deter myself from app'ing. But these two offers were good and since I already have a checking account and a credit card with them, app'ed  for BB (not interested in Alaska as I've Delta and AA already).

3. App'ed, got a denial message on screen and my initial reaction was that it could have been due to EX freeze. Couple of days later, I get an automated call from 1 866 494 7256, asking me if I'd talk to an agent regarding my app. I press 0 and an agent comes on line.

4. After some prelim ID questions, she told me the app is "suspended" due to my EX freeze but she can check TU and wanted my approval. I approve, she pulls TU and voila ! got approved for card with 15K limit Smiley Happy.

6. Here comes the twist. I get notifications from Credit Karma and CreditWise (Cap One site) that there's an inquiry from BofA. Two hours later, I get another notification saying there is another inquiry in TU from the same BofA. I initially ignored them as duplicates but today when I pulled my EX 3 bureau report, got two inquiries from BofA on TU same day !

I intend to call BofA and ask them what's happened. Anyone with similar double pull experience?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA - double pull shock

This is the first I've heard of a double pull....were the inquiries made the same day? If they were made the same day it should only be counted as one. If separate days you could ask them to remove one and then dispute it with TU. I do not know how patient you are, but for me I would call them and ask them to remove the second but thats where I'd leave it because it would make me too angry. Besides, you just got a crazy sexy approval for a card that others cannot get anymore. 

And not to hijak your thread...but I am more interested in the fact that you got a Better Balance Reward card...I thought that was gone?

Message 2 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I had double inqs from Cap one on TU. The CB removed one without me asking.
For future reference, BofA pulls EX on a fresh app. And TU on CLI request. If you asked for a CLI first. They'll use the same for the new CC. If you app for the card first. They'll use that EX pull for the CLI request.
Really best not to app with frozen reports. I see this almost weekly on myfico. It normal never turns out good. lol
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The inquiries were done on the same day, within 2 hours of the phone call. I'll be calling them and asking for an explanation first and requesting them to remove one inquiry.

My bad, I thought it was BB but when I checked my account after your post, it's updated as "BankAmericard Platinum Plus MasterCard".

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The inquiries were done on the same day, within 2 hours of the phone call. I'll be calling them and asking for an explanation first and requesting them to remove one inquiry.

My bad, I thought it was BB but when I checked my account after your post, it's updated as "BankAmericard Platinum Plus MasterCard".

Well good that they are the same day; the bureaus should only count it as one at the very least.

Okay...dang, I was excited that you were able to get the BBR, the BankAmericard PPMC makes more sense. Still a great approval though! $15K is nothing to sneeze at Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
For future reference, BofA pulls EX on a fresh app. And TU on CLI request. If you asked for a CLI first. They'll use the same for the new CC. If you app for the card first. They'll use that EX pull for the CLI request.
Really best not to app with frozen reports. I see this almost weekly on myfico. It normal never turns out good. lol

I did not ask for a CLI on my existing card. The last time I did resulted in HP on TU. Let me call them and update the result.

Message 6 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I did not ask for a CLI on my existing card. The last time I did resulted in HP on TU. Let me call them and update the result.

Exactly, my point was you can do both on the same pull. Whether EX or TU pull. Who they pull depends on the door you pick..1 request cli (TU) or 2 app for a new Bofa CC(EX). 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, here's the update. Called them and the lady on phone took down the details and gave me a reference number. It seems it'll take 30 to 60 days to get the whole thing resolved. First they'll check with BofA credit department and then with TU.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.