Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA hard pulling for CLI still?

tag
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

BofA hard pulling for CLI still?

Hey all,

I received my Americard back in June. Two months later the luv button popped up, but I haven't touched it. In September they sent me an offer (no hard pull, but new account number) to upgrade the rewards on my card...I had a 6 month intro with some higher cash back %s that were going to shortly revert to 1% across the board. I accepted since i put almost every purchase through the card, transferred to the newer account and the luv button is still there.

I'm getting married in Feb and would love to bump my $2k limit up for the honeymoon, but I'm leery of having an inquiry....I have one from May (Amex green), this one from June, and one in Sept for an auto loan refi. (2 of them show on Exp, and 1 each on TU and EQ.) Does anyone know if BofA is still hard pulling for hitting the luv button?

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA hard pulling for CLI still?

I apped and was approved for the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Siggy 5/11 5K CL, did not even use the card and somewhere around 7/11 PC'd it to the BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard, ran a 1749 purchase thru the card 8/11 paid it in full 18 days later and on 9/4/11 I hit the "Increase Your Credit Limit" button online and asked for an additional 5K.

On the next page it said "Please call 1-800 for an instant decision" this was on a Sunday, Labor Day weekend, I did not call, then on Tuesday I logged into my online account and my CL was 10K, checked for a hard on all three CRA's, nothing, checked EX for a soft, and there was a soft on 9/4/11.

I had called BoA a few days before I hit the luv button online and asked if requesting a CLI would be a hard and was told yes.

There is another post floating around here somewhere, basically asking the same question you have asked, and everyone who replied has said BoA is a soft when requesting a CLI.

I say go for it, it's a soft and you have nothing to lose.

Best of Luck, let us know how it goes for you.

EDIT:  Here's the other post I was referring to.

Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Question

Message 2 of 8
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

I got the same call in message and it resulted in a hard. YMMV.

Message 3 of 8
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I recently applied for a CLI on both of my BOA cards. I received a CLI on the one with an $800 balance, oddly enough, with a soft pull. Even weirder, I was declined for a CLI on my card with a $2K limit ($0 balance) and it resulted in a hard pull on Experian. BOA is weird.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 4 of 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

I have deposits with BofA, and when I asked for a CLI in August from $3,500-$5,000, it was granted with NO hard pull on any EQ/EX/TU.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

It's hit or miss it seems.  They wanted a hard for me so I closed it instead, I have way outgrown a $500 CL.

Message 6 of 8
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

They pulled a hard for me when I got that message.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 7 of 8
Drew1980
Valued Member

I've been stuck at $2,000 for almost 3 years now on my US Airways Platinum Plus. Granted, I use my AMEX now for everything since I already cashed in on an international ticket to Australia from points earned from the card; so very little usage now. Not worth a hard pull. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.