cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA luv button call in message ALWAYS a good sign?

tag
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA luv button call in message ALWAYS a good sign?

@stefanc wrote:

About a year ago I hit the CLI button - got the message to call in. I didn't call as that seemed to be the thing to do from reading online - I kept watching my accounts online. Nothing happened for almost three weeks. Then I noticed one of my cards (the one I asked for a CLI on) had 0 credit available (closed) and the other had it's CL chopped in half. I called in then, of course.

I was transferred to a credit analyst, chatted with him for half an hour or so - he re-instated my closed account - and not only reistated my limit on the other but increased it 30% or so.

YMMV - but for me - I'll always call in now, and make sure all my ducks are in a row before I ask for a CLI.

+1

I made sure my ducks were in a row, washed, rinsed, dried, fluffed. primped, *and* foo-fooed (smell good); before I asked for a 2k -> 10k CLI. 

I just did the LuV button online, and did *not* call in. I did not get a call; but I did get a HP on TU for the CLI approval. 

Note: I've heard that others didn't get a HP. BUT; I *did* ask (and got) a 5x CLI.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 11 of 16
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Glad I saw this.  I got a small BOA Gold in Jan of 2008. It was a "pre-approved" platinum offer that resulted in my applying for it at all (notice the downgrade already? LOL).  Well, I got it, kept it in good standing (annual fee I think of 49$ too....) and a year later, clicked the button. I think it asked to call in, I did, they said they couldn't give the CLI unless I wanted to send them documents? I told her I didn't need the CLI that bad and it sounded like a headache for possibly nothing so I left it at 500.

Around a year later, I clicked again, same message, I didn't call, not long after, a letter came in the mail "sorry" etc etc. Left it at the 500. Tried it some time after that, all the same thing.  I haven't tried since, as I heard they HP now for any request for a CLI so it remains at 500.  BUT, it's my oldest active account (other than backdated Amex and the one lone Chase account I closed pre 2008 that still shows) so I don't want to drop it.

Reading the thread I had thought about clicking for "luv" yet again only to risk the "no" then decided for now I wouldn't. I closed ALL my cards once (HUGE mistake) many years ago and when they fell off (and I mean FELL off with a loud thud) my reports, my scores swan dived into the concrete with a bone shattering crash. Right before, I found out I had a fico of 840, soon after and with an erroneous negative showing up I plummeted to around 513 I think (those are the FICO's I saw, no telling what the real damage might have been that I didn't pull up).  That was around 4 years ago or so.

If I get another AMEX that backdates to 1989 I might not care if I dump the old BOA mini card (or a couple others really) but for now I think I want to leave BOA alone.  I think Amex would at least be worth the AF.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 16
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@janesmith1979 wrote:

I've read lots of posts on here about how some people have hit the BofA luv button for a CLI, get the message to call in for instant decision and don't call in, but when they check their accounts online a fews day later, see that the CLI was approved and went through.

My question is: has anyone who's hit the luv button gotten the message to call in for an instant decision, NOT called in, then checked their account a few days later only to see that the CLI was denied?

I'm too nervous to call in. I do have lots of recent inquiries and high util. on all of my cards, but no other baddies or any late payments and have had this card for 14 years. I'm hoping the good will outweigh the bad in favor of a CLI!

For the longest time getting that message resulted in a CLI - only early this year did it result in nothing.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@janesmith1979 wrote:

I've read lots of posts on here about how some people have hit the BofA luv button for a CLI, get the message to call in for instant decision and don't call in, but when they check their accounts online a fews day later, see that the CLI was approved and went through.

My question is: has anyone who's hit the luv button gotten the message to call in for an instant decision, NOT called in, then checked their account a few days later only to see that the CLI was denied?

I'm too nervous to call in. I do have lots of recent inquiries and high util. on all of my cards, but no other baddies or any late payments and have had this card for 14 years. I'm hoping the good will outweigh the bad in favor of a CLI!

I've tried it 4-5 times in past 6 years and have got that message everytime. I called in just once and have got CLI everytime.

Message 14 of 16
janesmith1979
Valued Member

I finally worked up the nerve to call in and was denied the CLI that I had requested. The CSR, who was very nice, didn't even bring up the numerous recent inqs. or my high util (or at least not yet). It's my high overall debt load that's the problem and I should have known better than to even attempt a CLI (at least on a bank card which already has a nice limit of $5500), but I got trigger happy from reading all of the recent BofA CLI success stories on here recently. So I just really need to continue working on paying down my debt and I hope that there are no adverse actions due to my denied CLI.

I did, however, get a slight CLI on my Old Navy store card today!!

And I figured, what the heck, I've done so much app'ing recently that I'm going to do ONE more before taking a looooong break. So I applied online for a Wal-Mart card (for the free monthly TU FICO score) and was instantly approved for $700! That's better than the $300 that I got from Kohl's and CapOne, each, a few months ago. (yes, there's a HUGE discrepancy between my high-limit cards and my low-limit cards, lol)

Message 15 of 16
johnnie198x
Contributor

@janesmith1979 wrote:

I finally worked up the nerve to call in and was denied the CLI that I had requested. The CSR, who was very nice, didn't even bring up the numerous recent inqs. or my high util (or at least not yet). It's my high overall debt load that's the problem and I should have known better than to even attempt a CLI (at least on a bank card which already has a nice limit of $5500), but I got trigger happy from reading all of the recent BofA CLI success stories on here recently. So I just really need to continue working on paying down my debt and I hope that there are no adverse actions due to my denied CLI.

I did, however, get a slight CLI on my Old Navy store card today!!

And I figured, what the heck, I've done so much app'ing recently that I'm going to do ONE more before taking a looooong break. So I applied online for a Wal-Mart card (for the free monthly TU FICO score) and was instantly approved for $700! That's better than the $300 that I got from Kohl's and CapOne, each, a few months ago. (yes, there's a HUGE discrepancy between my high-limit cards and my low-limit cards, lol)

That's better than me. I got only $500, and look at my other lines. Anyway, I don't care, I only want the free TU score.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.